Silly Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha the pink harness really brings out the colour in his... ears :p

does he seem to like exploring on the harness? he sure looks cute while he's doing it anyway!

yeah, he really does like it.

honestly he is such a momma's boy that I don't really need it, he has no interest in going more then a few feet away from me while outside, but the lady that lives next door has a small yippy dog, and I fear that he would start barking and scare chaucer as chaucer has never been around a dog before.

Winnie still seems off. I don't know, maybe this is just how she is going to be now. I really don't know.

I do feel loved though, I have 2 rabbits that adore me, and love to spend time with me, and a beta fish (who is officially named "beta fish", creative, huh?) that can't get enough of me, every time I talk, he swims out and sits there watching me, if I go up to him and talk to him, he starts to build a bubble nest for me. I have close friends, and a great family.

I guess I am just feeling really loved right now <3

Okay, on to my rant of the night (morning? it is 2 am after all):

Why do people ask for advice, then completely dismiss it? Why do people do harmful things to other people and animals? This is really going to bother me for a while. I will contain myself, I will NOT post any direct information about this issue, because it deals with a topic on the forum. But let me just say: I am upset, I am hurt, I am tired of seeing the same ignorant behavior time and time again.

When will the world learn?

Moving on: I know it is like 2 hours late, but let me say: happy earth day! When I got home, a friend of ours had stopped by and left my roommate and I an earth day gift! A couple flowers and some organic chocolate! Yum! And it is kinda funny cause I was planning on giving her chocolates (although mine are homemade lavender and honey truffles that I finished just a little while ago) for earth day as well!

Okay, I am about to go to sleep, but I wanted to leave ya'll with some suspense:

Something big has happened in me and the rabbits life, and it is AMAZING! But I am not going to say what it is just yet! You will all have to wait a few more days!

So now I say goodnight with a few photos from today (not bunny photos, just some random photos from the Old State Hospital grounds that I took while on a little walk!)

spring2010_2079.jpg

spring2010_2086.jpg

spring2010_2088.jpg

spring2010_2097.jpg

I love the photos, esp the dandilion.
Yeah..the post has me really upset too. Really upset.

But tell what happend! No couple days! lol.

I might post in a little while about my big news!

and yeah, I am still upset about that topic, and guess it is hard to find closure on the issue when the thread is pulled by the mods (although from what I gather it was the right thing to do).

And thanks about the photos, I LOVE the old state hospital grounds, they are kinda beautifully wrecked I guess, and very sad, you can almost feel the lost souls there.

anyway, better update (maybe with some big news!) in a while!

new post about my BIG news!

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=57012&forum_id=1

and a few more non-rabbit photos that I just uploaded tonight

Random2010018.jpg

Beta Fish enjoying our nightly chat

Random2010045.jpg

Random2010048.jpg

I love flowers!

Random2010051.jpg

My homemade Lavender and Honey Truffles! They turned out SO good, I brought a ton into work today and everyone loved them! (Even had one of the chef's tell me I needed to make and sell chocolate!)

Bit of a delayed response... but those truffles look great. I cannot imagine what my mouth would encounter to try lavender and honey... but I totally want to try it.

How are you, and the bun buns?

thanks guys! the truffles were great! and a big hit at work!

And Amy I know, he is the first yellow betta I have ever chanced upon until now, and I LOVE him! rather sure he loves me as well.

Every night when I get home I lay in bed and play online or read, ect before going to sleep. Helps me to unwind from the day, and he will rush over to my side of the tank, and the minute I start to talk out loud to him, he flares for a few minutes then proceeds to take a huge gulp of water and go crazy with his bubble nest (which currently is about an inch thick at its deepest point and about the size (like width) of an orange. He has to build a new one almost daily as his tank does have a filter and it tends to break the bubble nest up some.

Betta Fish also has blue eyes, something I also have never come across in betta fish!

can you tell I love this fish?

but anyways, I am dead sleepy, so I will update more with photos and such tomorrow I hope!

Well, it has been a while. I have been busy and trying to get some aspects of my life together and back on track, and have been staying offline as much a possible. I really think it has been helping.

So as far as an update. On the 12th my little boy was neutered. Everything went fine, and they sent him home happy the next day. Winnie and Chaucer are very happy in one cage completely bonded.

And Toulouse is good, still the same old weird rabbit. I am happy that my bunnies are all happy and healthy, although winnie is still not all herself. I don't think I will ever get her all the way back.

But I am off, I am really going to stay away for at least a week. maybe to. and just try to finally figure it all out.

If anyone needs or wants to talk to me, just toss me a pm or an email. [email protected]

I am not going to make this a huge update, but wanted to give a shout out to everyone. This seemed like a perfect way, as I haven't update my blog in like a month.

I sadly have no bunny photos, sorry all. Maybe at a later date I will post some.

I have been missing from the forum for over a month now, and I really do miss all of you, but I am unsure if I will be returning full time, at least not for a while.

Lets just say that I spent my time online running away from some personal issues. It was far easier to just get online and play on the forum, on facebook, and generally browsing then to face whatever troubles and issues I was trying to overcome. I wasn't really 'living' in the real world. And lets just say that things were starting to get bad. Everything outside of my lab top felt negative.

So I made the choice to pack the computer away and start living in the real world. First I wanted to do it for just 2 weeks, just to figure some stuff out, but I soon realized that those 2 weeks away from online really helped me out, and that maybe I should extend it further.

Now, over a month later, my computer only comes out about once a week, if that. I do check my email almost daily at work, but only jump into gmail long enough to look for anything super urgent, then I leave the computer world again.

And I can say that my personal life, while still a little rocky now and then, is on a whole new level of grand. If anyone that reads this are friends with me on Facebook, you will have gotten that vibe from my always happy status updates.

My beta fish is doing great, he loves to be talked to, and I find his presence to be helpful everyday.

Chaucer recovered perfectly from his neuter, he is just my generally happy boy.

Winnie is something entirely different. I wasn't going to post about this on the forum, simply because I want the time I have left with her to be treasured and for whatever reason sharing it would only make it worse. Winnie has cancer. She isn't doing to well, and we aren't sure she will make it past the summer. I have talked briefly about this with Peg, and her words helped me out very much. Please understand that I want anyone that reads this blog, and know my silly rabbit though words and photos to hear this news, but I am not going to go into detail right now about everything. Just know that Winnie isn't doing well, and that I am working closely with my trusted vet to make sure she is comfortable, and that we are controlling whatever pain she is in. You will see that I am not posting photos of her anymore (maybe of Chaucer, but not of Winnie) and that for the most part I am not talking about the cancer here or on Facebook. I hope everyone understands. It isn't that I am trying to shut it all away and ignore it, but this is how I (and my roommate who is also close to Winnie) have decided to handle this situation, by keeping it, and the grief that it gives us, on the personal level of just us. My vet has talked with me about deciding when/if we should put her down, and if that time comes it is something that we will face. But she isn't ready to give up yet, and I honestly am not ready to say goodbye. We are trying to NOT be sad, and to enjoy all the happy moments we have shared with her, and are filling her life with as much happiness she can have (extra treats, and many extra snuggles).

Well, so much for a short update. Anyway, I am out for a while! If anyone wants to get ahold of me, just send me an email ( [email protected] )

Katie sometimes we just have to do what weknow is best for ourselves.

But i'm very sorry to hear about Winnie..what devestating news..i can understand how you don't wanna talk about it...you just wanna enjoy your little girl.

I went through a pretty rough nine months with my Jack who became disabled...i tried so hard to keep the thoughts of me having to say goodbye sometime down the track..i just wanted to enjoy him and treasure himwhile he was with me..on ocassions though the thoughts did creep up..i lost him on the 8th May.

Just treasure your little girl

:hug:

All the best Katie..thinking of you and Winnie

I'm so glad to hear that your personal life is going well. Keep doing what makes you happy!

I'm also so sorry to hear about Winnie. I hope you and her have many long happy months together.

-Dawn

I just went through your whole blog and I loved every page of it, then I got to the last post and I would just like to offer my sympathies. YOu seem like a great person and your rabbits seem very special. It was great reading about their silly shenanigans.

Latest posts

Back