Silly Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
katt wrote:
now the part i didn't get on camera was when i walked into my bedroom and saw her carefully lifting the corner of the page to the next. pausing, then keep moving forward. i swear she is keeping all her secret talents from me (like being able to read) so that she can sneak attack the world and become everyones ruler.
Its all part of a bunny conspiracy to take over the world!;)

So this isn’t really a Winnie update. I just need to vent all this out in hopes that I can find an answer for myself to this little problem.

So I live with Jessica, I have lived with her for almost 2 ½ years. She is my best friend. Most of the time we get along perfectly. Or well, we use to.

See, we live just outside of Traverse City, and Jessica works and has a boyfriend in empire (about ½ to 40 minutes away from home). She spends the majority of her time out there. She comes home for about 5 hours each day. In that time frame, she cooks food, serves it up. Sits on the couch and eats ½ of it. Decides she really needs a nap, and heads off to bed. Leaving the dishes (not just the ones she ate out of, but everything from cooking it as well) and her crumbs and mess sitting out. She then sleeps till about the time I get home from work, wakes up, watches a movie till her boyfriend calls her, then heads back out to empire.

Leaving a mess for me.

Now she doesn’t care, she honestly doesn’t. Our house has been a complete gross mess (her dishes everywhere, cloths, books, ect. The bag of garbage I sat by the door after Jessica promised to take out in “just a few minutes”) and she will still invite friends and family over. I am not like this. I am a neat freak. I like my dishes washed shortly after using them, I like my floor to be vacuumed at least once a week. When I sit at my table I don’t want it sticky and covered in junk. I am a freak about crumbs. We get ants so bad here. all I want her to do is wipe the counter off when she is done.

I’ve tried to talk to her, I’ve tried to threaten her, and I’ve even left notes all over the house to clean up her mess. Nothing worked. On the advice of my mom and a friend, I even broke down and let it get messy, cleaning only after myself. In the span of 3 days my sink was full of dishes, food was left out. Just a complete annoying mess. Told her it was all hers, she didn’t deny it. Asked her to clean it up before she left the house, that I had people coming over and I didn’t want her salad from yesterday on the coffee table to get in the way of watching out movie. She still did nothing. Gave me a grumpy look, said she was taking a nap till the Boyfriend called and headed to be.

Now my lease is up in early September, and we have to give 30 days notice in early august. That means I have just over a month to decide if living like this is worth it. I can’t afford a place on my own yet. I have to many bills (credit cards, student loan, ect). But I really don’t want to move back home with my parents. They live 30 minutes outside of town, and already have a full house (what with mom and dad, my younger brother, my older sister and her 1 ½ year old boy). I don’t want to lose the freedom I have of living away from home. And while Jessica makes me so upset at her slob ways, she is still the only other person I want to live with. I am just so tired of working 9 hour days, coming home and finding a mess. Having my days off totally engrossed in cleaning all day because she leaves a mess everywhere. I am also afraid that by saying we can’t renew our lease I will be losing one of my oldest, closest friends. I asked her the other night why she doesn’t just move in with her boyfriend that she is out there all the time anyway and it’s a waste of money for her to pay rent on an apartment that she is never in. she just kind of sighed like she knows, that its on her mind to. I’ve told her that if she doesn’t start helping out around this place I’m going to go crazy and that we can’t renew it. I just feel like I keep waiting around for her to change back into the old, clean Jessica.

I know its just dirty dishes, and a messy house. But I can’t live this way. I have to have my life and house in order. If one is out of sync then the other is to. If my bedroom is messy my life feels chaotic.

So option one: don’t renew my lease, move back home, pay off my student loan within the year, and my credit cards. Move a ½ hour away from any social life I have. Basically end a friendship I’ve had for close to 10 years. Save up money and maybe within 2 years I will have enough saved to comfortably move into a place by myself.

Option two: give her another chance; try to tell myself she will get better. Keep my friendship but spend all my time cleaning up her mess. Try to understand that she isn’t going to be a clean freak like I am. Keep the apartment that I’ve grown to love. Have the freedom that I cherish so dearly.

I don’t know what to do. This will take some serious thinking.

oh dear that sounds bad. Only problem with option two is that even if you forgive her etc you will become so frustrated and resentfull that you might seriously fall out with her. Whereas if you call it quits now you can remain at least still friends if you tell her it is becuase you want to save some money. People often dont change unless there is something that has caused her to become like that and that goes away. Sounds like you have already tried and it will cause too much trouble to keep at it.
Good luck with your decision xx

My advice would be to jump ship. It will save any chance you have at a friendship. I have gone through lots of room-mates, and the worst ones always end up being the ones you are friends with before moving in together. If you don't stop living with her, your emotions about her messiness are going to reach a point where you may not be able to forgive her and be her friend after. I personally would ask her to leave when the lease is up.

Another option, can you find another roommate to take her place? Put an ad out on Craigslist? I have had really good luck with finding roommates that way. Most of them have ended up turning into a great friendship, but it works better when living together. You have to ask tons of questions and check references, but if you are diligent in your interviewing, you should come out with a great roommate.

--Dawn

thanks guys. i basically have untill aug. 1st to decide.

im going to think long and hard on it all.

i don't want to live with anyone else. i really would like to live by myself.

my biggest fear with leaving this apartment is moving back to the country and losing alot of the connection i have with my life. going out, meeting friends last minute when we realize none of us are doing anything. having my friends stop by to watch a movie and eat dinner.

it just all feels like that will go away if i move back home.

its something to think about.

as for a winnie update, we are good. she is sitting in my bed right now with the fan pointed directly at her. its not as hot as the other day, but i think she likes the moving air on her fur!

anyway thanks all for the advice. it helps

My Diggs also likes to read up on the latest gossip:
BLOG0203.jpg

He & Winnie would get along just fine! She is so cute, and I was laughing out loud to your stories of the nail clipping & wrong food bowls! :laugh:
I have a roommate too, I know what its like, I am living with my boyfriend and the roommate. He is not as messy as Jessica sounds but it is just too much(for me) dealing with someone else around all the time. Boyfriend is fine, but a roommate on welfare who never ever goes away/closes his door drives me nuts! I need my alone time. No roommate ever again for me, thats for sure. I'd rather move back to my parents and save up money.

winnie says that diggs is a nice huck of lop bunny. you can send him, and your magazines, our way anytime you want!

so here is our update for 6/27/09. . .today

as jess has once again disappeared for a few nights (one of herthe guys that work for her has mono so she is working split shifts to cover him)i got to watch "some like it hot" with toulouse last night at like 1 in the morning. as i went out with a few friends after work and didn't get home till late. and i am hitting myself over the head for not snapping photos of the little bugger. he was acting so cute. he decided to go into mad binkie time around the living room. ending with a massive plop on the floor by our 4 foot ceramic giraffe. . . it was so cute. looked like he was cuddling the plaster animal

so after i put toulouse away, i open my door for winnie to come out. she is way excited to be out, and because the weather has cooled a little she is full of energy. so anyway, i leave my door open for the night, feeling safe that winnie has nothing to take revenge on me for and therefor will be good.

so i go to bed, cuddle into my blanket, after searching for a cricket that is hidden in my bedroom somewhere (and is very proud of his larger then life chirp, cause he has been doing it every night for the past 4 nights:X). i give up, remembering something about crickets bringing luck, as long as i don't see him, i could care less.

so it is maybe 3 am. i am totally crashed, winnie on the other hand is totally awake. in the depths of my sleep i hear this crinkle sound, just ever so lightly in the back of my mind. i think i was dreaming about cooking fishsticks (although i haven't eaten fish sticks since i was 5 and i have no desire to cook them. . . wonder what it means, i don't think i will find fish sticks in my dream dictionary lol)

so i am in my dream life, cooking away, and the crinkle noise gets louder, my dream starts to take on a really old horror film spin because i am screamming (in my dream) and running for my life because of the terrifing crinkle monster, you don't see it, just hear this terrible crinkle noise and its getting louder and louder. it felt like the blob or something

i wake up with a jolt from first the plop on the bed, and second from being scarred out of my mind only to find miss happy as a clam at the end of my bed, holding a plastic shopping bag in her mouth,tripping on it as she climbs my bed closer to me causing it to crinkle more. apon my waking up she gets the excited "yay! someone to play with and share my joy" look. drops the bag out of her mouth and begins to start walking all over the bag creating a series of plastic noises.

looks like i found my crinkle monster. lol.

*i should note, we don't leave these bags sitting around or anything. in fact we are normally really carefull because winnie loves them so much. i am always afraid that she will eat one, or get stuck in it, or whatever. were she found this random plastic bag is beyond me. but she loves the way they make noise when you tug them around, and walk on them, and lay on them, and such. if she gets one before i manage to put it out of her reach then she will grab and dash around the house like the silly little rabbit she is full of joy and binkies. nothing is better then when the bag is actually holding something heavy in it, and she doesn't realize this and acts all secret agent. bolts up to it, takes a mouthfull, trys to run away, but can't go far, gets clothslined and sprawls on the floor with a look of complete disgust on her face

so thats all the update i have. sorry im so bad at taking photos

Great bunny update,I am glad you didn't get caught by the crinkle monster!;)

I can sympathize with you on the sloppy roommate. I have a similiar problem only they are called teenagers. Pretty much the exact same scenario.

Anyway, here's my :twocents.Accept the situation as it is and put up with it, when you clean up put all of her mess in a trash bag and place it in her room. You could also keep seperate plates, cups, pans etc in your room. Use them clean them put them back in your room, after awhile she is either going to have to start washing dishes or eat out all the time.

I know you don't want to live with anyone else, but is there someone you work with that might be looking for a roommate? or another friend, may not be as close with them but itsa thought.

Well that advice along with 75 cents will get you a can of pop around here. Good luck, I hope it all works out. Feel free to PM if you want to vent.

thanks wabbitdad i might take you up on the venting thing.

so i am thinking about taking a vacation. just like flying off somewhere for a long weekend. makes me wish i knew more people in more places so that i could just go alone and not be afraid to be a young traveling 22-year-old girl all by herself.

lol. anyone want to house me for a weekend?

ill come up with something. maybe find a friend, or take one of my sisters. i need to get out of this town, this state, just to recharge myself.

winnie is the same old diva. she has been getting lots of attention because ive felt like a spinster the past week or 2 and have been home almost every night and all day on my days off. she took to loving the bathtub the other night. im not to sure why. she had a blast jumping in it and knocking as many bottles off the ledge as she could.shesnuck off withthe roll of toilet paper. somehow it managed to be found in my bed (all 5 million peices of it, since she also decided to shred it. . .thank you winnie).

but i did get her ears cleaned out, that only took forever. winnie gets wax built up in her ears rather badly. ive already had our vet look at it, and the results are that its not mites (which i was worried it was) or any kind of infection that she just had waxy ears. so i managed (all by myself and without any injuries i might add) that i not only cleaned her ears but managed to do a killer job furminatoring her. hopefully we are at the end of her molt.

so ive got myself on this make katie happy about the world kick. and ive really needed a pick-me-up as i had a really rough week. so i made an appointment for tuesday to get my next tattoo. im not going to tell ya'll what it is but it does have something to do with rabbits!

i am also going to start a diet. i honestly could lose well over50 pounds and that would put me perfectly in my ideal weight category. it is a rather extrem diet (in the sense that it is ment for you to lose weight) but is completely safe. i would be working closely with a nutritionist (one that i work with every day, since i work as a nutrition assistant for the local hospital) and eating 75% pre-made, pre-portioned out food. this will be the hard part because i cook. i like to cook and make new dishes, so i wont be cooking like at all. i know 2 people that have done this, my manager and my mom. both were morbidly obese. my mom lost 70 pounds in 3 1/2 months, my manager lost 60. i am not looking for those kind of drastic results, but by this fall id like to be down 30-50 pounds. but more importantly id like to be at a healthy weight. so im not doing this alone (as said, i WILL have a dietitian working with me. this is not dangerous) but my sister, one of my friends, and my mom (who hopes to lose another 40 pounds) will all be doing this at the same time. i found my support group.

i have realized i need to do this for me. get my life back on track. i am a big emotional eater, so it will be hard. so while this blog is suppose to be directed at winnie, at my life with a rabbit, its not going to be. she is a huge part of my life, and therefore a huge part of my blog, but i will also be talking about my life, my relationships with family/friends, losing weight, ect.

so im going to start the diet maybe in a week, it is cherry festival here were i live (it is a huge week long event) so i don't expect myself to start up something so life changing when i have all these plans for events and stuff. after cherry festival, after this holiday weekend. this is the first time ive started a diet and felt like im going to do it, its going to work. i can't wait.

so here are my basics that im working with (this is more for me then anything else, needed someplace good to write this down)

at my height and age here are my ideal weights:

average for my height/age: 150 pounds

medical recommendation: 114-150 *which would be a BMI of 19-25

okay im off to pack winnie up, she is going out to mom and dads with me for the fourth of july dinner. then its a relaxing day and going out to fireworks tonight with my 2 sisters

happy 4th everyone!

I wish I could have my bunnies roam my house like Winnie does...she seems very happy! Maybe one day when we buy a house, Morgan can at least have free roam of a bunny room.

Anyway....about the dirty room mate...

I had a friend a few years ago who still lived with her dad and her younger sister. Molly and her sister never did the dishes and left them sitting around. Her dad got so sick of it one day that he left them 1 cup, 1 of each silverware, 1 plate, and 1 bowl....so, they were forced to wash their dishes because they would need them next time they ate!

I'm not sure if you could do that with a room mate, though :?...haha.

amy i love having winnie free range. it is so nice, and she is so much happier this way!

so guess what! i got my tattoo!

100_3830.jpg

its the one on my neck. so its latin for "silly/vain rabbit/hare". leviculus mean to be a silly kind of vain, to act silly about onesself, and lepus really means hare, but rabbit is coniculus and it just didn't look right. so i decided to go with lepus instead. its small and simple, something i can add a design around later, or just leave as it is. this is going to be my last back peice, im already trying to figure out my next one, tattoos are sooo addictive! id really like to get a chest peice like amys but i haven't gotten the guts yet. maybe one day!

it is in tribute to myself, my life, winnie, and all the rabbits in my past.

*you can see my other 2 tats, well you can see my cat, and you can see the start to the trail of flowers and petals that go all the way down my spine*

when i got home, i ran and showed winnie

100_3798.jpg

who just sat there like "so what, its not like you got my portait done or anything" and went back to taking her nap

gotta love my rabbit

how about some dead bunny flop winnie photos?

*don't mind her coat, she is still molting like crazy and this was just a little before i brushed her out*

so this is how we spent our lazy sunday morning. vegging in the house

100_3834.jpg

100_3835.jpg

and a great side view

100_3837.jpg

isn't my girl just the cutest? the great thing is that she slept thru the whole photo taking process, in fact. i sat there poking her for a whole minute before she sprang up and looked at me like "what the heck did you do that for?"

lol. she is great at "the look"

so i once again don't have winnie photos, but i did just upload a photo of something i should have shared a long time ago.

so formy birthday after herman's death my roommate bought me something that i will treasure for the rest of my life. it is a garden statue that looks just like my baby boy. we were walking around a greenhouse, i saw a lady at checkout with this garden statue that looked like herman. she bought the last one they had, i literally broke down when i found out that they didn't know if they would get anymore like that in. tears streaming down my face as i sit in the car. but after a while i forgot about it, put it way in the back of my mind. and then about a month later my birthday rolls around and there he was waiting with a bow on him for my birthday. needless to say, i cried again. lol

so here is what herman looked like

bug-1.jpg

and here is my statue

100_3838.jpg

100_3840.jpg

100_3839.jpg

100_3841.jpg

and this is were it sits, just outside my bedroom door. he is my little protector lol

100_3842.jpg

I just loved reading your stories about Winnie, she is such a little character :)

The 'herman statue' really does resemble him! He can protect you from all the lil' Winnie mischief ;) haha

haven't updated the blog for a while. my camera is dead. guess its truely time to break down and get a new one.

so to anyone that is wondering, i decided to renew my lease with my currently roommate. even if she is messy, i just am not ready to leave this apartment.

i also just found out that i am going to be an aunt again! one of my older sisters just announced that she is due in march. i can't wait for another baby!

winnie is doing great. she gave me a scare the other day when she decided in the middle of the night to play in the bathtub. that wasn't such a big deal, but when i woke up the next morning i find one of my shampoo bottles open and slightly leaking, and what looked like a dead rabbit. i started to freak out thinking that she ate the shampoo and died in the night from it. i call her name, no respons, i clap my hands, still nothing. i even poked at her a little and again nothing. then i said a few dirty words, and she popped right up, looked at me like "your bad words woke me from my sleep you evil person". what a fright. she hopped away perfectly fine. i think it scared 10 years off my life.

then yesterday somehow while i was in the shower she managed to get on the counter in the kitchen and find a full bag of flour. we all know how winnie likes to make a mess. so i walk out in my towel, dripping wet, to find her sitting in a pile of white powder, its flying in the air giving an appearnace of fog, her fur is now grey instead of black, and there is flourall overmy floor, all over everything. and she is looking at me like "yup, i did it, won't even try to hide that it was me" lol.

don't know how she managed to get up there, our counter is rather high.

so the only other news i have is that our localfair is not this week but the next, and i can't wait. i am only a little afraid i will fall in love with a bunny and bring one home. lol.

katt wrote:
then yesterday somehow while i was in the shower she managed to get on the counter in the kitchen and find a full bag of flour. we all know how winnie likes to make a mess. so i walk out in my towel, dripping wet, to find her sitting in a pile of white powder, its flying in the air giving an appearnace of fog, her fur is now grey instead of black, and there is flourall overmy floor, all over everything. and she is looking at me like "yup, i did it, won't even try to hide that it was me" lol.

Congratulations on being an aunt again!

That would have been a great picture! although you described it so well I got a very good chuckle out of it. Thanks

so it's been a long time since i've updated this thing. i am still without a camera, just haven't been able to pick out a good point and shoot that i like, and i can't afford the dslr that i have my eye on.

and really, not much has been going on. i got a different job, its still at the same place, i am just doing a different job and getting paid more (a few dollars more, thats the good part). the bad part so far is that i work 10 hours on my feet, straight, and normally i don't have time to get all my breaks/lunch in. it leaves me very tired. so i'm working 4 10-hour shifts a week, and watching my 2 year oldnephew 1 to 2 days a week. it's not leaving very much "katie" time, which is something my therapist has told me i need to have. . . we keep getting in the verbal circle of her going "what are you doing for fun" and i just sit there like ". . .um, i work"

"i mean outside of work, what are you doing?"

"watch my nephew"

"but that is work, what are you doing for fun"

"well, i sleep sometimes, that feels like fun"

"ok, what else"

"i clean the house, do laundry. . .spend time with my family"

"oh, spend time with your family thats nice, what stuff do you do with them?"

"well, i try to fix them dinner 1 or 2 nights a week, and i help them with the housework, weed the garden, wash the dishes, ect"

"katie"

"yeah"

"thats all work, not much 'katie' time"

"oh. . . guess i'll try to work on it"

so i have been working on it. every night, no matter how sleepy i am (except when i was sick) i turn on the music and dance for at least a 1/2 hour. dance all around the house in my PJs. i know it seems a little silly and comical, but it really helps with your mood. you can't be sad and gloomy when your dancing silly to random music. i suggest it for anyone feeling a little blue. and its a great mini workout.

i am also reading again, trying to get thru my everlong pile of to read books.

here is my lates concern, and it deals with winnie. i feel like i am never home. i mean i work 4 days a week at one job, am babysitting 1 or 2 days, and 1 or 2 nights i go out and cook for my family. plus the time i spend running around, doing laundry, and the 1 or 2 times i go out with friends every few weeks. just not home as much.

winnie is free range, so every night she gets cuddle time. she isn't neglected. she gets veggies every day and clean cage a few times a week, ect. but she is lonely. i really don't want another rabbit, i just don't have the time to put into properly training a rabbit. and i don't think i will be lucky enough to find another rabbit that acts so well out of the cage as winnie does, and if i went ahead and bonded her with a rabbit that needed to be caged, i'd have to cage her as well, which i really hate the idea of.

but i hate seeing her lonely. i hate thinking of her spending hours alone during the day.

i might not want to find the time to work with another rabbit, but would find the time if it ment winnie was happy.

i'm just torn. we have toulouse, and they fight terribly. and we have both decided that we don't want to bond them together, simply because winnie is so totally my rabbit and toulouse is so totally jessica's rabbit that we don't want to mess with the balance we have found.

but i hate thinking about her being unhappy, and i would go out and add another bunny just for her (of course i would love another bunny deep down, i am always open to bunnies). but i don't know if it is the right answer to this problem.

i'm stuck. i'm not rushing into anything, but i just don't know what to do. she means the world to me, and i try to spend at least one morning a week laying in bed reading with her cuddled up and gettings lots of pets and cuddles. i try to spend at least 3 days a month doing nothing but sitting in the house doing nothing (which is for winnie's and my own benifit), but life just doesn't seem to be going that way right now. lol. life should slow down after summer, but it's speeding up. i don't get it!

anyway, it feels good to rant, to just say (or type) it all out loud.

thanks for anyone listening.

later gater!

Latest posts

Back