Signs of seizures?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are some possible signs of a rabbit having a seizure?

I've seen bunny flops and plenty more, but never have I seen a bunny lay on their side, what looked like their eye rolling to the back of their head, and limbs twitching. I already have a vet appointment set for Wednesday. I'm having my husband bring this up to them. But just to be sure, what other signs are there?

Erlong seems to be okay, for the most part, but that really worried me. I'm watching her every chance I get because of her condition. I know there is going to be differences between taking care of her and taking care of Xiao Wu. More than just the number of legs and their size. There's a chance she has other health problems. But I must do what it takes to make sure she's okay.

Seizures can look different, from a rabbit sort of spacing out and looking vacant for a few minutes, to arching and convulsing back. Not to be mistaken with a dead bunny flop where a bun is just out like a light and twitching from bunny dreams.

If your bun is having seizures, because of her recent spay surgery, I would be concerned that the seizures were connected to that in some way. Something to discuss with your vet. If the seizures are happening more than once in a day, I would call your vet and see about getting your bun seen sooner.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Seizures

Seizures can look different, from a rabbit sort of spacing out and looking vacant for a few minutes, to arching and convulsing back. Not to be mistaken with a dead bunny flop where a bun is just out like a light and twitching from bunny dreams.

If your bun is having seizures, because of her recent spay surgery, I would be concerned that the seizures were connected to that in some way. Something to discuss with your vet. If the seizures are happening more than once in a day, I would call your vet and see about getting your bun seen sooner.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Seizures
Thank you. Some in the rabbit group I'm in believe it may have been REM sleep, as well. But I'll definitely keep an eye out if this happens again and if she exhibits those signs like Sadie or The Spacebun.

If you're still worried about it, if you can catch a video of it happening and you want to upload it(eg. to youtube, etc) then post a link here, we may be able to give you a better idea if it's just your bunny dreaming or is actually a seizure.

Back