Signs of Delivery or Not???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBigzBunnies

Reaction score
Is there any change in a rabbits vulva before delivery? I just checked her, and the outer part is light pink to white but when I check her(like you would to sex them) it is very dark pink, almost reddish....

She is on day 32....

So now I am not sure if she is going to deliver, or ready to get pregnant!!! Geez! Rabbits can be so complicated! LOL

7 months and yes, first attempt at a litter. I did not get to see if the buck made a good 'contact' or not, she was put in twice, but didn't seem particularly eager either time, so I have not been certain that she is even pregnant.. And I am not good enough to palpate at 2 weeks....

Day 32 you could probably feel them moving and kicking. My does stop eating, and drinking. they grunt when you try to touch them and they make a nest or at least attempt to make a nest. Thye look like they are panting and are usually laying around instead of sitting up

Try palpating now. If she is pregnant its a good learning expericnce what to look for. I will bug the living daylights out of my does EVERYDAY, or I did to try to feel something. Once you figure out the spot to look, its not so difficult.

also, its beyond obvious if a buck does his business. Generally he'll grunt and curl up in a ball and fall off. Its kinda humerous to be honest.

No babies from our doe, so I got her out, and felt her stomach...nothing. Nothing at all.... But she was still very 'dark' in her area, so I decided to try her out with my buck and she went crazy for him... I have never seen her lift like that! And there was NO DOUBT that he was successful! So, I will try again tonight just to be sure, but I think next month will be a prolific month for me!!

Back