SIGH

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishmist

Reaction score
Well here we go again!

For the last 2 months this forum has been in utter turmoil.All the sudden deaths of beloved pets, the huge loss of Buck, and nowthis.

"Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting myfriend... Think of what you're saying, you can get it wrongand still you think that it's alright...Think of what I'm saying, wecan work i out and get it straight or say goodnight... We can work itout, we can work it out....

(paraphrasing Lennon and McCartney)

We all are pretty good at spotting trolls, at least I can figure atleast that much out. Why waste time arguing with them, ignorethem they go away. Give them a reaction it gives them morepower.

If a post angers you, click out of it before you reply. Goback and read it later and see if it still angers you, or did you readsomething into it that wasn't really there? More than once Ihave had to do that, and if I can not decide exactly what that personis trying to say and why I am angered about it.... I do not reply toit. Always remember that you are the one reading theTONE into the post not necessarily the writer.

I do feel for those who have been abused on this site and for thatmatter any other site. Especially when you answer them ingood faith. As time goes on we become protective of eachother, family, if you will. Like someone else said we do notknow all the sides of the argument, and it is probably better that way.

Carolyn has to make some tough choices on this forum, she is lookingout for all of us, if there are favourites then I am not aware ofit. Tina, the neighbourhood watchdog j/k, if you were nothere then I am sure I wouldn't be. I am sure you will notunderstand my meaning of that, but trust me, I wouldn't!

The friends I have made on this board are too many to mention, you know who you are!

I come here, at least 15 (YIKES, I NEED A LIFE) times a day.I look for laughter, I look for kinship, I look for acceptance, I lookfor you!

Anyway that is not all I have to say, but I am worn out. Take care and share a smile and give your kids a hug!

Susan

irishmist wrote:
Well here we go again!

For the last 2 months this forum has been in utter turmoil.All the sudden deaths of beloved pets, the huge loss of Buck, and nowthis.

"Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting myfriend... Think of what you're saying, you can get it wrongand still you think that it's alright...Think of what I'm saying, wecan work i out and get it straight or say goodnight... We can work itout, we can work it out....

(paraphrasing Lennon and McCartney)

We all are pretty good at spotting trolls, at least I can figure atleast that much out. Why waste time arguing with them, ignorethem they go away. Give them a reaction it gives them morepower.

If a post angers you, click out of it before you reply. Goback and read it later and see if it still angers you, or did you readsomething into it that wasn't really there? More than once Ihave had to do that, and if I can not decide exactly what that personis trying to say and why I am angered about it.... I do not reply toit. Always remember that you are the one reading theTONE into the post not necessarily the writer.

I do feel for those who have been abused on this site and for thatmatter any other site. Especially when you answer them ingood faith. As time goes on we become protective of eachother, family, if you will. Like someone else said we do notknow all the sides of the argument, and it is probably better that way.

Carolyn has to make some tough choices on this forum, she is lookingout for all of us, if there are favourites then I am not aware ofit. Tina, the neighbourhood watchdog j/k, if you were nothere then I am sure I wouldn't be. I am sure you will notunderstand my meaning of that, but trust me, I wouldn't!

The friends I have made on this board are too many to mention, you know who you are!

I come here, at least 15 (YIKES, I NEED A LIFE) times a day.I look for laughter, I look for kinship, I look for acceptance, I lookfor you!

Anyway that is not all I have to say, but I am worn out. Take care and share a smile and give your kids a hug!

Susan

Irishmist this is almost exactly what I tried to say in the other post about the trolls, thank-you.

And I think this should be a place for laughter, notstress, too.

People shouldn'tworry about trolls. Worry about thebunnies.I think that if one bunny's diesbecause one person was mistaken for a troll and wasn't helped, orsomebody went awaymad because they were jumped on for askinga stupid queston and there bunny didnt get the help it needed, thatwould be so much worse than somebody being iritated for the 30 secondsit takes to read (or not read) a post.

Also I know that a lot of the people who knew a lot who used to help mewith my bunnies late at night are now banned and theres lessinformation available whenI come hereas aresult.I never understood that. Peopleshould be more relaxed about that stuff.

Susan, what a wonderful post.

Rose, i hestitantly concur with you. I am often apprehensive about whatI post here because I too question what exactly can get someone banned.

I have come to appreciate this forum and have learned a tremendousamount here, thus I am perpetually greatful (as is my Don Cheeto), butI fear that the elimation of dissenting views might also eliminate somevalid solutions / remedies that ultimately might affect, everyone'scommon concern - their buns.

I have noticed what I preceive as "favoritism"; nonetheless, it seemsirrelevant when you weigh that against the multitude and magnitude ofthe information available to be learned here.

Sorry.... I just felt the need to throw in my two cents, despite my opinion not making me real popular. <shrug>

Irishmist, I think that was a compliment lol and thank you. psst maybe one day you can explain it to me lmbo.

This brings up some very good points. I myself have notwitnessed any type of favortism. Maybe I'm missing something:??

I love this forum. No matter what is going on in mylife I know I can come here and I'm among friends. I am so grateful forall of you.

Tina

I know I'm sticking my head out here and I hope this message is understood the way it is meant...

At times I have felt like *maybe* I saw a bit of favortismhere. Doesn't matter with who or what....I did sort of feelit.

But then I realized - I'm a newcomer among people who are "old friends"on this board. Many of y'all call each other on the phone andtalk and keep in touch that way - along with being on thisboard. Many members have shared memories that I don't"get"...because I wasn't here till just recently.

Once I thought about that and realized that, I also realized that it iseasier to accept more from folks you've been around longer...than fromothers. Its sort of natural actually.....my husband can saysomething to me that sounds mean...and I'll think, "He's had a badday.."....but let a clerk in a store say that same thing in the sametone...and I'm ready to let them have it.

It's so hard to communicate in a forum like this because we can't seeeach others' facial expressions and hear actual tones ofvoices.

The more I've hung around here - the more I've felt"accepted". There are folks I'd still like to know better butI figure they're busy and I've been blessed by having some folks PM meand I got to know them!

So if y'all feel like there is favortism...you might want to hangaround and get to know each other more - maybe PM folks with a "Wow...Iliked that post..you helpd me out" or something like that. Ithink that helps!

Peg

I agree leave the trolls to get on with it'theyare not worth all this upset'all they do is stir up trouble and enjoyevery minute of it'saying that dixon needs sorting as she is out oforder:hug::kiss:

Back