sick rabbit (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
she wont eat or drink. her breathing is not very good. she cant keep her head up it falls to one side. also she cant walk she just lays down. what can be wrong?

thanks heather

In all honesty, this rabbit sounds like it needs a vet ASAP. There are a lot of things that could be wrong with this rabbit.

This is the second night in a row we've had a post like this and the rabbit last night didn't make it...

no shes not hurt at all. it happen after we took her to the lake brought her home an shes been like this ever since then an that was about 2 or 3 hrs ago. and shes almost 2 yrs old. an she was eating and drinking before we left. like i said it happen after she came home.

Isit possible she may have eaten something poisonous while you had her out? If so, this can be a very classic example and she will need to see a vet ASAP as timing is everything.

thanks so much everyone shes in no more pain an shes in a better place now thats how i gotta think of it! but thanks again i now know for next time if this all happens!

So sorry, but it really didn't sound good. :( When they reach that point, there isn't much you can do.

The heart failure may have been caused by overheating (they are very susceptible to that), or eating something she shouldn't have, or stress if something scared her. Something to watch out for if you get another rabbit.

I'm moving this to the Infirmary where the 'sick bunny' posts go, even though it's too late now.

Sorry for your loss.

sas :rip:

no she always ate the same thing 2 times aday bought it at the pet store where i got her. but thanks the vet i talked to said she wasnt outside enough an wasnt able to run around enough! so thats what caused it. but now we know! thanks again!

Thanks for that info. I'm hearing more and more about the importance of exercise re: rabbit health. The vet sounds wise.

I hope you can give another bunny a home, there are so many sitting in shelters in the same boat (especially in your area). I'm going to be overhauling the 'housing' section of the forum soon with that in mind.

Its a learning process for all.

Sorry for your loss. :(

sas :sad:

we live an learn life goes on as im very sad shes gone cuz my husband works alot she was my life besides him an yes my friend is a animal vet that deals with farm animals. yes the reason they are more common here to have a stroke or anything like that here in California is because of the heat. an thanks again ps what does sas mean?

Latest posts

Back