Sick Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklily28

Reaction score
She hardly eats at all, barely drinks her water, was sneezing earlier, and had diahreaa. Is my bunny sick?

Your rabbit looks quite healthy in the pic youput up.....cause I don't see any crusty, yellow material around thenoise which means the sneezing might not be as big of a deal. Are youfeeding your rabbit lettuce? Cause lettuce can cause diahreea since itis very watery and isn't healthy for the rabbit. But I would contactyour local vet for more info. Just to see if your rabbit is ok. I hopeyour rabbit gets better:( Best ofluck,Cassandra P.S.-I just hope shestarts eating and drinking.

Doesn't sound too healthy to me. Check with your vet just to be sure.

~M

These are rather serious symptoms -- she needs toget to the vet ASAP. I would advise getting her on lactatedringers solution as she's probably dehydrated.

Pam

Sorry to hear that, blacklily.:(

Agreed, your little one needs a vet. She's such a littlebeauty. Syringe feed her water to keep her hydrated at thispoint.

Diarrhea:http://fig.cox.miami.edu/Faculty/Dana/poop.html

Also, as Buck suggested, check out the post he referred you to.

Keep us posted. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

-Carolyn

I know for myself the most importantbit o information I obtained here was "A bunny that does not drink willnot eat.." So whenever I notice one of them not eating, I immediatelystart measuring their water, just to be on the safe side. Since they dohave days (when their hormones are extremely high for instance) that Idont worry to much about lack of pellet consumption, but when water isinvolved..

VET!

Please keep us posted

Cher

Just checking to see how our little baby is doing?

She's the cutest little bunny!

Thinking and praying for you.

-Carolyn

I took her to the vet today, and while they stilldon't know why she wasn't eating or drinking, they gave me somebaby-like food (basically timothy and alfalfa powderized and mixed withwater) to feed to her in a syringe. They also gave her two shots tokeep her hydrated. Since we got home she's been eating great! Thanks somuch for all your help!

I'm soooooooo glad she is eating now! I guess ourprays worked. I just hope she stops sneezing....and will start going tothe bathroom better. Well if she does get all better and the vet saysshe will be fine, let us kno;) I'm so glad yourbunny is feeling better, Cassandra:D

Back