siamese sables

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH NO YOUDON'T! We beat you to him! Different threadalready! You have a nice new GIANT bunny! LEAVE THIS ONEALONE or you might just find that sweet Cali moved right tothe top of the napper list! :X

Raspberry

IM000073aSmall.jpg

Brandy,

There is a very important mission that only Harley can handle.

Please send him to Tucker Town right away to report for duty.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Brandy,

There is a very important mission that only Harley can handle.

Please send him to Tucker Town right away to report for duty.

-Carolyn
Harley may need a body guard to protect him from Carolyn, the infamous bunny napper! I'll send Mocha along for the job. ;)

Brandy wrote:
The breeder emailed me back and this is what she said!!

Hi Brandy

I think Harley looks more Seal if anything. But he cant be seal because of his genotype
of course. he could be siamese sable - but i think his coat is more diluted than dense,
and his hair doesnt have bands (as far as i could see) so i dont think he would have a
light chinchilla gene do you? I still think hes blue... with a lot of color
intensifiers (every bunny's different!)
There's no doubt he's a siamese sable. What color are the dam& sire (and other colors in the background) -- What color areHarley's eyes? It's not surprising thatthebreedermay have mistaken the color of a young kit -- thesiamese sables and sable points often show a faux ticking that mayconfuse new breeders into thinking the rabbits may be chins or otheragouti colors despite the fact there are no other telltale agoutimarkings.

My daughter is a ARBA Registrar, so I also asked her opinion : )(Just to be certain I'm not becoming senile in my old age) -- She sawthem and said the one is a Sable Point and Harley is a Siamese Sable.

As previously mentioned, I'm an ARBA Judge and have raised Holland Lopsfor about 15 years including siamese sables and sable points.The difference in the two colors is in the "E" series. Thesable point is recessive "e" where the siamese sable is dominant "E".

Pam

Latest posts

Back