Shya-she does what she wants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont normally post links and stuff but I seen this on facebook. I cried hysterically from laughter. My mom and I were sitting here like a couple of loons being loud. I checked on Amazon too and these are real reviews. Enjoy the laugh...

http://www.quickmeme.com/p/3vs7da

Oh my God I have no idea if these are fake or not, but I needed that laugh. I started reading and started crying which is bad because I have rib fractures! But oh my Gosh, this is funny as heck. I'm wiping tears from my eyes but have no idea if it's from how hysterical it is or the pain from laughing so hard I was crying! :humour:

Vanessa

Oh no, I cannot believe it. We are all so very sorry for your loss. I am stunned as I am sure you are, even more so. The poor boy. I know you did everything you possibly could to give him a fighting chance. I am so, so sorry.

Binky free Franklin!

Kaley, just saw it on facebook and I still can´t believe he´s gone. I was certain he was fighting and was going to win but sometimes, their bodies just can´t take it and they have to go. My heart really is breaking for you, I know how much you loved your big smoosh bun, he was such a gentle soul. I am here having a good cry, feels like he´s one of mine. You know that anything you need, we are all here for you.

RIP my gorgeous boy, I will so miss your big fluffy butt.

Oh Kaley, I'm just feeling devastated for you. My stomach sank reading your post, and I'm feeling so sad he didn't make it. I know how special he was to you and how much you'll miss him. We'll all miss seeing his cute fluffy face :hearts:

Been kind of a stressful leave. We head for home today and I'm excited and a bit stressed as well. Trying not to be. Omar has to drain his aquariums and load up his tanks. We also acquired a new washer and dryer plus get his bike up to oklahoma as well. I went to the ER yesterday for some bleeding. Turns out everything is ok on that front for now. Just anxious to get home, sleep in my own bed, and get a complete head to toe from the OB/GYN. We're going to hire some people to help Omar move as I wont do any lifting and holy sheet is his 210 glass aquarium heavy! Felt kind of bad as he saw me worry over it and offered to sell it. That's true love but he really enjoys his hobby. I've also never driven six hours straight on my own. It's not going to be fun on any account. Up at 4 eating something as I got hot and started to feel sick. Other animals didnt even crack an eye but Kitty from Dubai sure felt the need for an early morning snack! He's a funny little guy. Will be glad to hand him over to his soldier but a little sad as he's calming down some after his neuter. I didnt know so much trouble could come in a skinny little six pound body! Also get to pick up Franklins ashes this morning. Yeah gonna be an all around rough day. And I can't even have coffee.

I am very happy to see you on here this morning. Sorry to hear things are so stressful as I think you have had enough of a blow for now without it being added to.

Omar must be a real sweetie to make that offer. Those aquariums really are heavy even empty. I remember how heavy ours was plus deep enough I just barely reached enough to clean the bottom.

I couldn't even begin to attempt a drive like that by myself. I get lost, really lost just going 30 minutes out of my known area, each and every time. Can't tell you how many times hubby has had to deal with me on the phone cussing and panicking while he tries to help me find my way. Although I guess now with being able to get directions on your phone and all the other ways it isn't as bad as it could be.

I hope the move and trip all go as smoothly as possible.

Kaley so good to see you back on here and you take good care of yourself. Omar sounds like a great guy, supportive, understanding and a real sweetie. He doesn´t have an older relative just like him, does he lol.

I love driving so nothing freaks me out. I remember when I used to have to travel for work quite a few years ago and I was armed with only a map, no GPS in those days and I did really well, hardly ever had to ask for instructions.

Get home safely and leave the stressing to Omar :p

He'll pee outside his litter box then just sit in it. I'm usually on top of his grooming and butt baths but I got overloaded in life and didn't keep with it. So now he is a diaper baby until I get him straightened out.

I agree Orlena. They move tomorrow (hopefully) to my parents house. I'll have to work something out with my daddy. I can't keep letting that happen to my bad rabbit. Have two weeks to figure something out.
Why he can't get along with the other rabbits is beyond me. And why Shya keeps trying to wander in there is beyond me. I really need a rabbit whisperer.

Dang, if I were in the US I'd help ya out. Rabbits usually do whatever I tell them to. Not sure why. Even wild rabbits come to me :)

Holy sh*t. I was gone for so long and I had to go back and read like 10 pages. Kaley, I am so so sorry.

I am so sad and so happy for you all at the same time.
I don't really have any words right now. I don't know. Be careful on your drive.

Girl I have a letter waiting to be posted to you! Where have you been that I have to stalk you by snail mail?

It's been rough for sure. Yesterday was my first day back at work. We're really only working half days as most of the battalion is still on block leave. I spent my half day fighting with the OB/GYN people. I would never treat my own patients like that so why can't I expect the same from my health care providers? Came home and had a mini melt down. Then I started having a full blown melt down as the feelings of being Franklin-less crept in. Poor Omar getting desperate. "Cuddle with Mansel! I'll go get Mansel!"

Well that didnt help any as I already feel guilty towards Mansel.
Warning long back story time.

Maybe a week after Franklin died I went out to his breeders place. I felt I could just surround myself in French Lops, cry alot, emotionally spend myself, and magically be able to move on. Well she's an older lady with some health problems. She has a lot of rabbits that she just cant quite keep up with anymore. Out of over a hundred french lops I found Mansel. Mansel is a Myxomatosis survivor. He also didnt do so well in the heat and his owner didnt have the heart to put him down. (After surviving myxi I dont think I could either) So Mansel sat in a breeder cage for three years of his life outside. Some how he ended up in the car with me and now I'm "stuck" with him. Yes I took him home for all the wrong reasons. Yes I wish he was Franklin and even slip and call him Franklin sometimes. I'm trying really hard to see him for his own rabbit and not Franklin. I feel really guilty about it sometimes. However he has his own quirks and shy personality that is starting to come out. I think I'll end up keeping him but I'm just so unsure about him. I almost feel like I'm abusing him by comparing him all the time to Franklin. I can even return him to his breeder. Who by the way has the most gorgeous Flops I've ever seen with several national champions and amazing blood lines. But thinking about him sitting in his cage without the one on one time he so obviously craves brings me to tears as well. I blame pregnancy hormones for most of the crying. Franklin gets credited with the rest.

No one ever said life would be fair.

He was there waiting for you to come along maybe and if you've got all that love to give even though he reminds you of Franklin maybe his life is completecwith just that. Sound like he deserves a break and you turned up, doesn't sound as though he's had a good deal out of life so far. Knowing you I don't think you are the type of person to give up on him and he is a comfort to yo so give it a shot. No bunny will ever replace your sweet boy so give it a go and see where it takes you.

I had the same sort of issues after my bun Dash died. I needed another bunny, and ended up getting Baby. She was weaned too young, was very tiny and thin, and had difficulty with what she would eat. So in the beginning I was busy just getting her to eat normal food. She was a sweet little bunny though, and I loved and cared about her, but she wasn't Dash, and it was hard not to find myself comparing her, and feeling guilty because I did. It took a while but those feelings do fade. Baby isn't super friendly and sweet like Dash was, but Baby has turned out to be the absolute best snuggle bun. She'll try and bite my hand off when I pick her up, but once she's in my arms, she's an absolute puddle, and just melts. I know she's not the same as Dash, but that's ok now. It's something unique to Baby that I can appreciate about her, as Dash was just ok about snuggles. You just need to give yourself time to get to know this new bun, and also time to heal from losing Franklin. And just know that the guilt is normal, but something that you will be able to let go of, and it will fade.

I don't do well with doctors. I'm not afraid just don't have the patience plus have had some pretty lousy ones. I can remember being ready to punch the military OB/GYN I had when I was pregnant with my daughter. She was so rude. Hopefully after the first trimester the hormones will go easier on you.

Have you ever read any James Herriot books? He was a veterinarian long ago. The books are stories of the animals he treated and the owners he dealt with. I remember one man who had a dog he really loved that passed away. He did wind up getting another dog and said that the greatest compliment you can give to a pet you have lost is to get another one.

If you loved your pet you will miss it as well as missing the relationship you had. I just think in your case you haven't yet healed from losing Franklin. It takes time but you will heal and when you do I'm sure you will no longer be looking for Franklin in Mansel or any other bun for that matter.

Things happen for a reason. Maybe you found Mansel because he will help you heal, maybe you found him to give him a home and care that he needs.

Don't feel too guilty about slipping and calling him Franklin. It happens to everyone. It's just how our brains work to call an animal or a person by a name we are used to.

Did you find out about Alaska?

Last edited:
I went through the same thing with Ellie after Foo died. It was really really hard to look at that tiny little bun who didn't know what was going on, and compare her to Foo and then realize, that they're not the same.
I miss Foo like crazy still and its been over a year, but I love Ellie. She was meant to be with me, shes definitely right for our home, shes right for me. Once I got passed her not being the perfect bun like Foo was, I realized that she was so great just for being HER.

You'll get to the point were you see that Mansel isn't Franklin and he never will me. Hes going to be a great rabbit to you and sometimes it just takes another rabbit to help heal you from the rabbit lost.

I think I'm going to go hug Ellie now, I haven't seen her all day. I'll explain that later, but right now, I'm emotionally and physically spent. Trust me, its a great story, but I'm already crying, so I'll have to fully share tomorrow or later tonight.

Kaley, you're going to be okay. Being pregnant is hard, it makes you cry, it makes you hungry and horny and angry, SO angry, and sick and tired and fat. But, its totally worth it. Getting Mansel was totally worth it. You're going to be okay. If you need to cry, cry. No shame in crying. I'll cry with you!

wweeeeeelll Mansel has some issues. Mostly from his pox virus. He also needs a face lift. His eye lids are all crazy and rub on his corneas which have caused old ulcers. Doc Black had to get the book out again. She's treating him for an URI in case his runny nose is not pox associated. So get him over...whatever first then look into a face lift to improve quality of life. Kind of seals Mansels fate as I would never turn him over to someone else or give him back where this might not get taken care of. Next order of business is to find a name for him. Will post some pictures of him later. He deserves kind of an old fat mans name. When he's penned up he lays around alot with his eyes squinched shut. When he's out hes really active for about 10 minutes than has to take a 30 minute nap. Then he's active again then it's nap time. He's a bit jumpy when getting petted but does enjoy when it's going on. He just needs some work. I was holding him last night like I would have Franklin. It was a bit rough as he just doesnt feel like Franklin. Or smell like him. Or hold his ears like Franklin. But he is sweet. Just have to find different things to do with him. He's a funny guy and has some awesome dead bunny flops. Which he does ALOT.

How about Lester? I love that name! I told myself that the next animal I got would be Lester, but Lester is a good name for an old/fat man rabbit! LOL

He's going to be a great rabbit. I just know it.

Do you think his droopy eyes could have anything to do with his jumpiness when it comes to pets? Maybe he can't see as well as a bun should and gets startled.

I don't know why but as I was reading your post Archie Bunker popped into my head so maybe that is my suggested name, Archie. Maybe you could play with the last name and give him to. And in case you don't notice the first three letters in Bunker spell...bun.

Sorry have a migraine.

Back