Shredded Paper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely can use shredded paper for a litter box. I use Eco Bedding which is recycled paper. Very absorbent.

K:)

You will have to change it more frequently, but its a great way to recycle. Because there is ink on it... I would make sure they don't sNf to eat it. Ripping or tearing is fine.

You can use shredded paper in general, but be careful of staples and glossy papers. I also found that paper tended to smell more and would stain my buns feet. Also if you are looking for a cheap litter alternative look into Woodstove pellets (they run about $5 for a 40lb bag).

I use shredded paper for my buns and ive never had a problem. It's cheap and environmentally friendly. I compost it afterwards and it makes great fertilizer.

I used the paper based pellet litter and all it did was absorb the pee, it never killed the smell making it smell horrible. I switch to the pine pellet litter, feline pine, and what a huge difference. Sure it turns into sawdust when they pee on it, but there is no urine smell. It just smells like wet sawdust when I scoop it out. Not to mention their pen and room smell like pine. Sooo much better. I am definitely going to get a couple bags of the wood stove pellets too. Can't beat $5.00 for a 40lb bag.

I've been using newspaper after I finished reading it for more than 9 years now. It's in all the pans around the room and our guys love it. Coal used to burrow in it, so I got a huge pan and would overfill it--you'd see the paper moving and then she'd pop up like a prairie dog.

Back