shows and rexs in cali

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redtaillover

Reaction score
ummm i am kinda like a 14 year old dude who islike trying to breed rabbits i know how to and stuff ive donwe itplenty of times but my rabbits got taken exept my rex and i dont knowbut im in california nad wanna no if anyone nos wen a showas comin upcuz im llokin for some new breeds like lop or mini rex or if someoneknows someone who sells in california.

It's a little hard to tell what youwant. Could you try spelling (there is a spell check) andseparating things into sentances? Thanks.:D

As far as shows, you can check on the ARBA site.http://www.arba.net/index.htm Local 4H clubs and agriculturalgroups also sometimes have shows.

You can also find breeders at the ARBA site too, if that's what you arelooking for. But what do you mean your rabbits weretaken? If you had issues with your family or local governmentor something, you should make sure that everything is okay before youstart getting more rabbits.

they were just some cheap starter rabbits afriend gave me and my friends brother stole them to make some money butthey were in a hutch in the back oh and sorry about the spelling im notdumb or anything i was just typing fast sorry and i wanted a moreexpensive breed that i can take care of alot more now that i know i canhandle rabbits. hahah your from wisconsin?

I'm not going to provide any advice regardingthe rabbits for what should be obvious reasons. I'd just like to saythat periods and commas are your friends..

Bunnybarn123 wrote:
Okay,

Maybe I am just being paranoid but now everything new is looking like someone trolling. I am sorry, if I am wrong.

Pam W

:ponder:

I'm not even sure what you are asking.There are four different types of Lops, you do know that right? Couldyou be more specific?

Please, these old eyes had a heck of a hard time reading that.Please use commas and periods. Paragraphs would help too.

Tina

PSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

notice the poster hasntbeen back?:ponder::foreheadsmack:

oh yes i have ive been checkin in onit and nothing useful came up so i didnt post. But i found aplace calle Barbi Browns Bunnys or somethging like that and aftersaving up i purchased 120 dollars woth of lionhead rabbits or 3 for 40dollars and i want to find some more expensive better pedigreed rabbitsbut still lionhead. I also want to know about how do i getthe pedigree to continue do i take the rabbit to the vet when it givesbirth or what how does that work.

Someone else will be able to help with that.

I have noticed that you have not answered any of the questions that were put to you ?

Maybe the members that have posted here would liked to be thanked for the advice they have given you.

Just to be polite.

If you are serious about getting into breeding, I really hope therabbits sake that you have done your research, on what exactly isinvolved when it comes to breeding.

And that you are not doing it, just for fun !!!!

oh no im not doing it for fun. Andsorry i forgot my manners thanks all and yah im gonna breed my rabbitsfor 4 years maybe then see if they can get fixed and keep them aspets. and trust me i would not spend 120+ dollars just forfun.

That is great to hear that you are not doing it for fun.

There are a few breeders here on the forum, that should be able to help you out, should you need extra advice.

You will also find a huge database of information here. The searchbutton at the top of the page, comes in very handy. I use it all thetime.

You will find that we are a friendly and helpful bunch here. We all try to help each other, when we can.

One thing we absolutely love here is pics.

So as soon as you have some pics of the rabbits, we would all love to see them.

oh man i do have pics of my first ever breed andmy new rabbits and my rex. But my digital or withit i cantput pics on the internety ill try again though and oh um do you think40 a lionhead was a good price?

As with all show and breeding rabbits, the pricedepends very much on how they look and how good their pedigreeis. I think TinysMom has paid more than that for some of hersbut she has some gorgeouslionheads with excellentbloodlines. Were these considered breeding quality or showquality?

First off I have something to say here :

The only reson I am responding to this thread is becausethere isvaluable Learning involved , I totallyresent the statement ,"" oh yes i have ive been checkin in onit and nothing useful came up so i didnt post."" IF youwant answers try posting the questions ina way that elicites a response .

this is what I am responding to now .

+++i purchased 120 dollars woth of lionhead rabbits or 3 for40 dollars and i want to find some more expensive better pedigreedrabbits +++

IF you are 14 , why would your Parentslet you spend $ 120.00 on rabbits that youthink are of lesser Quality than you want ? As Iwill go on to explain in a minute Youcan find Quality with out cost .

I have tosay something on Costand lack of cost on buying Rabbits forbreeding and showing . Anyone can get Luckyor Unlucky buying rabbits . I have Spent good money$ 50.00 and up on what was suppposed to be qualitystock , Only to find out later that the Rabbit I paid highfor was of a lesser Quality.I have alsoPurchased a Litter of Rabbits for as little as $ 10.00 eachfrom a Meat Breeder , and Had 4 Show QualityRabbits with Excellent Pedigrees , onlyto find 4 out of 9 rabbits are of Showquality . 2 of those 4 have already placed First ,Second and Thrid places on the show table .

I have also purchased Papered Satin babies for as little as$2.00 each and Adults for $8.00 each . What this all is coming toois, NOT always does Cost Guarentee Quality Rabbits, It all depends on the Breeders Idea and Your Idea of whatis quality and what is not . As manyBreeders will tell you , they have sold excellentQuality rabbits for less money just to free up cagespace .

Right now I have 4 English Lion Heads , 2 Does and 2 Bucks , Whowere given ( as in free) to my Grandaughter , Thebreeder is freeing up cage space and had nobreeding purpose for them at this time . All 4 are papered atleast on one side . All are from original linescoming Over with Bob Whitman ( i believe I gothis name right ) .Tiny's Mom is the LionHead Expert here not me . All 4 with exceptionof one Buck with a birth injury to hisear are all showable and well worth $ 75.00 each .So you see COST is NOT everything .

As for your question is $120.00 a badprice for the rabbits , maybe maybenot its all depends on theQuality of the Rabbits . Color isnteverything in fact it is less than thecondition ofand the structure of theRabbit. Cost and color are not what makesit Worth what you pay for them .

To add to what Gypsy is saying...it really alldepends on what YOU are looking for. Price does not make adifference. Do you know what is show quality? Areyou looking for something that carries the Double Mane gene?How about a good head, color, type, etc.

I have spent upwards of $200 getting a rabbit that I really wanted inmy herd. I have also bought rabbits for $20 because they hadwhat I was looking for. I know in my herd I need to controlthe length of my bodies. My rabbits are too long in themidsection. Therefore, when I go out and buy a rabbit, I lookat all of them and while price is still a factor...it is not thedeciding factor. If I find a rabbit that is short and cobbyand is what I am looking for to better my herd, then I ask the priceand perhaps buy it. This could be $40 or lower or even higher.

Breeders will sell stock for low prices also, perhaps the rabbit can'tbe shown but still has what you are looking for to increase the qualityof your own rabbits.

My advise to you is stop worrying about how little or how much youbought your rabbits for and start askingyourself,"Did I get something that will help meproduce better quality animals in my own herd?"

Sharon

hey thanks alot guys that really helps so do youknow what kind of rabbit is best for meat lke giants or new zealands orwhat. And how do you read pedigrees im putting one of mine onmy pics please help

Latest posts

Back