Showing Lioneads...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faded.dream

Reaction score
So I will be showing my bunny, lionhead, in the youth fair in February. Does anyone know what the breed standards are? Weight, pose, and other helpful things on what it says.

I tried looking everywhere for the answer. My school only has the State Fair book, and Lionheads aren't recognized there yet, so it's not in the book. And my teacher dosent really know. -_-

Thanks! :D

Here is the North American Lionhead Rabbit Club website for more information: http://www.lionhead.us

There should be a link to the current working standard there. If not, contact the club officials for more info. :)

With a Lionhead, you might not be able to show in a breed class. It depends how your fair does it. At our local fair, there is a Lionhead breed class. However, the Best of Breed does not compete for Best Purebred in Show, it competes with the mixes for Best Mixed Breed in Show. The mixed breed classes are available so that club members with pet bunnies are able to show.

I agree that you should bring a copy of the standard with you. It is often required otherwise they will not judge your rabbit. Lionheads are not an officially recognized breed by ARBA.

Latest posts

Back