Show Supplies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitLover94

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had a list of items that are needed for a show. Like chairs, cages, etc.

Also, what should the length and width be for a carrying cage for a Mini Lop and also for a Jersey Wooly? Thank you!

For a Mini Lop or Jersey Wooly, a good cage size would probably be a double ;) Just cuz the Mini is quite bigger than a Jersey. You could even get a single for the Mini, and a smaller single for the Jersey. ;)

As for show supplies....here's what I bring:
1. Grooming table (if you have one, this is very nice; keeps the grooming portion of the show all in one place!)
2. Chairs, blankets...some kids I show with bring pillows. hehe.
3. Copies of pedigrees, show reports or any other show/rabbit paperwork. Best to keep this in a protected binder/folder and only where YOU can get to it ;)
4. The rabbits, of course! :p
5. Nail clippers, brushes, flour or Kwik-Stop (I think that's the name of it; this is used for stopping bleeding nails ;)), neosporin/band-aids, other first aid equipment for the bunny. This stuff should be in the grooming stand if you have one, otherwise just bring a small plastic tub to keep it in.
6. Water, hay and feed for the rabbits.
7. Food & Drink for you; unless there's a concession stand at the show and you want to pay for that food.
8. Extra $$ in case you need to get a tattoo updated; want to register the bunny; for purchasing food.

Here's a great website that lists tons of other stuff you can bring: http://www.thenaturetrail.com/Pack-For-Holland-Lop-Show.htm

I don't pack quite as much as the site says; but the majority! :p

Emily

Thank you! What do you mean by a double or single carrier? I've seen the things for sale and I was wondering if all doubles have a removable partition in the middle?

Thank you for all the info! Also, if my rabbits are bonded, but I took one away for a few days to a show, would that break the bond? Should I bring her bondmate along to the show for them to stay friends?

I have a couple of quick questions - I don't know your rabbits that well - sorry.

Are you thinking about an ARBA show or a fair? For ARBA shows - your rabbits can't be neutered (just in case you were thinking of bringing a pet rabbit that had been neutered).

Also - how long is the show? Will the rabbit have to be caged overnight there or is it a single-day show where the rabbit stays in a carrier and you take it up to the table for judging?

Not sure if I'd bring a bonded rabbit to one - unless you used a two hole carrier for them to stay together..

Good questions by the way!

Well, I'm thinking of going to ARBA shows and then the annual county fair. No, they are both unspayed does. The fair is two weeks and most of the ARBA shows are a day.

The fair is so long that I've been thinking that it might be way too much stress for a bunny and I'll stick to the not as stressful day-long shows. My mini lop, the showable one, is bonded to a mini rex with disqualifications: white toes and over the size limit.

So, seperating them for a day would break their bond? Should I not show her and just show the Jersey Wooly that I'll be getting soon? Thank you everyone for all your help!

If the show provides cage, then I believe you can bring the rabbits in any carrier you like. For shows where you supply the cage, a show carrier is best, but a small cage could also work.
You should ask the show secretary if the cages are provided and what size is permitted if you have to bring your own.
Generally, people at the show like the judges, other breeders and spectators like to be able to view the rabbits, so cages that are more open to viewing are preferred.

Latest posts

Back