Show pics...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorkysMom

Reaction score
I attended my first bunny showtoday...wow...talk about bunny heaven, and it wasn't even that big ofshow!!! It was so cool tho!! I took a few pics....I woulda tookmore...but got real sidetracked once I found my new lil girl... ;)

show1.jpg

show2.jpg

This ones specilly for FreddysMom... ;)

show3.jpg

Its a lil Oreo!

show4.jpg

This guy I fell in love with and wanted SOOO bad but they weren't selling him...she did take my # tho.. :D

show5.jpg

show6.jpg

show7.jpg

This one was wanting to look good for his upcoming show...

show8.jpg

I am planning to go to my first bunny show inNovember. What can I expect? Is itmeeting different breeders there, orseeing people that own rabbits? Can anyone enter theirbunnies or do they have to meet certainrequirements to be judged? Would Pebblesqualify? Am I going to end upbringing a new bunny home? :shock:

Rainbows! :)

Ok, went back today for the "bigbunnies"...here's a few more pics. Got to see a couple ofKeelys brothers and her mom! So that was fun!

show9.jpg

This is Keelys brother Bert.

show10.jpg

Keelys brother Ernie.

show11.jpg

Keely's mom, Meredith.

the rest are just bunnies around the show I took pics of!

show12.jpg

A Pal for gypsy!

show13.jpg

show14.jpg

show15.jpg

show16.jpg

show17.jpg

show12.jpg

Beautiful Golden TOO SMALL a cage grrrrrrrrr .that just annoys me . My babies getbiggercages than that for shows.

I know, I wasn't expecting that...it reallythrew me when we walked in yesterday....I already got the flemmie sizeto transport that lil bit of a holland I got yesterday.LOL..no crampedbabies for me!

Someone asked about shows.They are a lot of fun. I would go to one just to check it out beforeyou actually show. I went twice before I had my son show one of ours.The youth show is not as difficult. I plan to show one or two of minethis weekend in the open show (adult). Your animal has to be apurebred, and it must follow the standard of the ARBA. In some breedsonly certain colors are recognized etc. You have to watch weight,toenail color, ear length etc.
It is a place to meet other breeders and to see lots of every breed of rabbit too.

It will make you want to take them all home! So watch out. Arabbit lover can get a little over excited at a show. That's why it'sso important to have a plan and a goal before you go! Keeps you incheck, if you know what I mean. (my husband keeps me incheck!) Sometimes I have a hard time saying no.

Anyway, it was fun seeing the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

3 R Rabbitry wrote:
Your animal has to be apurebred, . . .

A rabbit does not necessarily have to be "purebred" to be shown -- itjust needs to meet the ARBA standard for a particular breed.It's not unusual to find that some top rabbits on the show table areactually hybrids. (For instance, a self-blue Checkered Giant winningthe American BOB class at an ARBA convention). Fuzzy Hollandsare another breed commonly shown as something else (American FuzzyLops). There are many commercial or rarer breeds that areoften hybrid crosses of other breeds (American Sables crossed withCalifornians, for example)

Pam

Pam

Yeah, the small cages threw me too, but the rabbits are gorgeous!!!

Like I told you the other day, I'm glad we never made it to the rabbitshow that was near us recently, or else we probably would have walkedoff with at least one Flemmish.

Ok ok, I do wish we had gone, I'm just trying to convince myself. Itwas over an hour drive one way and Dave had to work that afternoon, sowe just didn't have time.

Looks like you had a great time at the show PGG!! I can't wait to go to my first one (don't know when that will be).

Such great pictures of the black and white bunnies!!

gypsy wrote:
Beautiful Golden TOO SMALL a cage grrrrrrrrr .that just annoys me . My babies getbiggercages than that for shows.

Remember that it can be difficult to transport a large numberof big rabbits when space in your vehicle is limited, sosmall carriers need to be used. Usually fine for one dayshows as long as the rabbit can move around a little.

For overnight trips, we don't take many rabbits and I cut the dividers out so they have room to hop around.

Pam

Latest posts

Back