Show Me Your Nests!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitelop

Morgan
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who takes pictures of the nests my bun makes. Do you guys have pictures of your best nests?
I'm not a breeder and Ellie has never had any babies to put into the nests, but every now and then she'll make a massive nest.
Today she is hard at work making her third nest.
Here are pictures of her first two and I'll take a picture of this one when its finished(I think its going to be a doozy!)

This is her first one.
2a91i8k.jpg

This is the second one. She pulled so much fur that she was totally bald on her chest.
24f0n87.jpg

And here is a picture of her hay/fur-stache. I thought it was adorable.
2dtnn28.jpg

(PS. I know that she needs to be spayed, we're working on that. So no one lecture me! :big wink:)

So lets see those nests! Nests with babies are even better!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who takes pictures of the nests my bun makes. Do you guys have pictures of your best nests?
I'm not a breeder and Ellie has never had any babies to put into the nests, but every now and then she'll make a massive nest.
Today she is hard at work making her third nest.
Here are pictures of her first two and I'll take a picture of this one when its finished(I think its going to be a doozy!)

This is her first one.
2a91i8k.jpg

This is the second one. She pulled so much fur that she was totally bald on her chest.
24f0n87.jpg

And here is a picture of her hay/fur-stache. I thought it was adorable.
2dtnn28.jpg

(PS. I know that she needs to be spayed, we're working on that. So no one lecture me! :big wink:)

So lets see those nests! Nests with babies are even better!

I hear ya on the lecture part. Know how you
Feel. :)

Here is nest 3, she finished it a little while ago. She did wind up pulling fur, I just hope she didn't pull enough to be bald.
Here she is in the nest, waiting to "kindle".
2ujrt3m.jpg

And this is the little trail to get into her nest. She layered it with stuff too.
2n714pt.jpg

She is next to my fridge, behind the feed bins. She picked a really nice warm place to have this nest! She does such a good job.
Come on guys, where are the nests?!

Wow!!! Ellie means serious business. Only one of my unaltered girl buns attempts to make nests now when she has a false pregnancy, and it's Roo, and all she did was pull out one or two tufts of fur and she was done. My new stray bunny(who I think I'll call Penny) made one before she got spayed, and Dakota used to make pretty good ones before she got spayed. Then I've got Pip that made one for her real babies. I'm going to search to see if I happened to take a pic of Dakota and her nest.... Ok, so I've got a picture with her haystache, but only have a video of her building her nest. So here's Dakota, then next one is Pip's babies, then last one is Penny with her haystache starting to build her nest in the litter box. Thankfully she didn't pull fur. Pip's by far was the best nest, but then she was an experienced momma bun :)

IMG_0490.jpg

IMAG0561 (800x478).jpg

IMAG1166 (800x478).jpg

This nest is my rescue's (Spice) nest.image.jpg 14 babies! There are more in the box those are just the ones that wanted to come out.

My most recent nest maker was Serena :) here she is with her haystache and then the nest and babies

C56F44E9-7C55-4749-A25E-11A79E957BC8-1465-00000148A09EFF23_zpsc997b1ce.jpg

A88BC7D7-3A30-423A-99BC-67EDBC9D41FB-1075-00000114085B8231_zps544188ff.jpg

Here is AnnaBelle's first nest. It is bigger than she is! I have to uncover to even see her babies. They are 2 days old:) The one with the writing on it is hilarious. This baby lion head has a teeny little strip of fuzz where his 'mane' is coming in before his other hair. His head is bald as a cue ball! How cute is that!

RD1_1153.jpg

RD1_1156.jpg

RD1_1165.jpg

These are some great nests! Especially the ones with the babies in them! LOL
Poor little Ellie is still sitting in her nest, waiting. Too bad I don't have any tiny stuffed animals to put in there for her.

Poor little Ellie is still sitting in her nest, waiting. Too bad I don't have any tiny stuffed animals to put in there for her.

Is the tuff animal comforting for them
Is that the purpose of the stuff animal?? Sorry,
Just was curious.

Oh, you should totally do it! I can just see Ellie in her nest grooming her little baby stuffies, haha
:headflick::dutch:dutch:dutch

Is the tuff animal comforting for them
Is that the purpose of the stuff animal?? Sorry,
Just was curious.

A lot of people with single rabbits give their buns a stuffed animal, to keep them company. Sometimes the rabbits ignore them totally and sometimes they really love the stuffed animals and groom them.
My rabbit had an elephant, she kept it close for the first few months of being here and then she out grew it.
My passed rabbit, had a rabbit fur blanket that was her best bud.

I was kidding about getting tiny stuffed animals and putting them in the nest like they were babies. I didn't do it because I don't know if it will encourage more nesting behaviors?
I do have a small stuffie that I might give to her, in case she is feeling a little lonely.

Rocky loves his stuffed mouse. He doesn't groom it but instead humps it whenever I have to bring tans in to breed haha

Back