Should I use a run or cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Strachan

Reaction score
I am getting a rabbit in the next few weeks and am unsure on which housing would be best. It will be an indoor rabbit with daily (weather dependent) outings to the garden. I'm thinking I want to buy a rabbit run (180cm long, 70cm wide) to house it. My thoughts are since there will be free rein and the doors will be open most of the time (I'm disabled so at home almost always) and only caged when I need to go out and during the night. I would have to weigh the run down to make sure it didnt move around but thats easy enough. I feel the indoor cages you can buy are too small for a rabbit to sit in all night. If I buy the run then it has room to move around and I can easily move the run outside to use in the garden. Is this a good idea or what would be best for bunny to be happy

Definitely go for the run over the cage - it will provide bun with much more space. Just make sut ehe or she can't jump over!

Definitely go for the run over the cage - it will provide bun with much more space. Just make sut ehe or she can't jump over!
It has a roof on it, not a wooden roof but metal bars jist like the sides. I need one with a roof so my dog doesn't decide to try the bunny food 😆 I knew the run would be a better choice, don't know why I was doubting myself. Thank you for taking the time to read and reply

Back