Should I go back on my Paxil?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I have some Paxil left and I really don't know how I can make it through my grief right now....I know....its been less than 2 hours.

But if I had a gun - I would've posted he was gone - and then shot myself. I was just in that much shock and grief. I'm still grieving....

Please - I don't mean I'm suicidal because I am NOT going to try anything (in spite of what I just wrote).

I just don't think I can go through this deep grief again....not without help.

To get into the military hospital here for a fresh prescription will probably take me a week to ten days - and I don't know if I can bring myself to wait that long. (After paying for Tiny's vet bill - I can't afford to see a non-military doctor and then buying the meds).

The meds are maybe a year old - at most. Its the smallest dose of Paxil.

Peg

P.S. I do NOT want this going on the forum in any way, shape or form because I do not want folks to think I'm recommending folks go on meds for depression without having seen a doctor. This is from a former prescription I had.

I keep sitting here staring at the blank screen because I just don't know what to say.

Would you like to call me, or would you like me to call you so we could talk? I wouldn't know the first thing to say to you - I absolutely freeze up when I speak to someone from a forum for the first time (in the beginning anyway), but I'd be more than willing to listen

I dont even know how to end this post now.

Thanks for the offer -but honestly - I don't have a voice right now. I have cried too much.....I think I've lost my voice. I do have MSN up but 99% of the people I normally talk to are blocked. I can't take "I'm sorry"....or "You'll get over it".

Lisa just sent me pictures of them in their Easter hats last year from Sooska and said, "Remembering happier times" and I wanted to put my fist through the computer. I don't want to REMEMBER those times - I want them still here.

Anyway....

I just put food in Tiny & Miss Bea's food bowl. She went and sat by it and looked at the food and then went over and nudged Tiny and then went back to the food bowl. She kept looking at Tiny and then the food and now she's finally eating her food a little bit - but nothing like usual. It is almost as if she can barely eat right now - she's so confused and torn up.

Funny....I feel the same way.

God - she loved him so much. I'm going to take a stuffed toy and rub it all over him in a bit so she can have it to remember him by - but I don't know how long the scent will last.

Peg

P.S. She now took a mouthful of food over and dropped it by Tiny's head and is eating it there off the floor.

If you feel you need it do it. i do believe it would take a bit for it to enter your system.

I am here if anything.

Peg --

Paxil is an SSRI and takes about 4 to 6 weeks to kick in. Also, if you used to take it and stopped and now try to take it again, there is a high probability that the same medication will not work for you twice. I wouldn't take it if it is a year old either...although to be honest, I doubt that even matters, Serotonin inhibitors can't go bad! (Neuroscience major here!)

I'm SO sorry for your loss. I was ecstatic that the Giants won the Super Bowl, came on here to post, only to lose my breath when I saw the RIP next to your post title. I can't imagine yours and Miss Bea's pain...and her confusion as to why Tiny isn't getting up to the smell of delicious food next to his head.

You've got to go see that military doctor and talk to them about the anti-depressant thing. In fact, I would go see him as soon as possible and possibly get some Xanax to be a fast anxiety reducer and it will help you sleep through the next hard nights.

You are loved here Peg...if you need anything...if you want my phone number to chat with me if you feel anxious or depressed...I'm sending it to you in a PM. If I don't answer, I'm just at work or something and you will here back from me ASAP.

Hold on strong...okay?

Tracy

Peg, anti depressants, they take about 3 weeks to get back in your system and start working. Moot. I wouldn't mess with Paxil, heard too many stories. I would see about talking to your doctor about a short sample of Xanax. It's an anti-anxiety drug, that would help you way more than an anti-depressant that takes almost a month to work. Xanax works like a pain med, within about 40 mins, I was okay, things are fine and dandy:p:shock:.

Have you ever tried Prozac? I found it had no side effects for me and worked really well.;)

I think that the way you must be feeling right now, it's a must. I really think it's something to look into. Even if you only use it for a night or two (meaning Xanax). Good enough, if it helped you sleep. (I wouldn't take the whole thing at first. I took half once and omg, flighty.) Something to consider?

I say NO WAY to anti depressants and a big hug to you :hug:
I think you can try do this on your own, you will be able to think more clearly as time goes on and the hurt lessens.

Please be good to yourself.:)

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to go dump the Paxil down the toilet so I won't be tempted to take it.

I know it takes a while for the drugs to get into your system - but Art can always tell when I've started taking it again - because I'm singing along with the tv commercials (and sometimes dancing to them)....usually within 24 hours of starting it up again.

Yeah - it starts to hit me that quickly. Thing is - I also want to start sleeping about 18 hours per day too. :grumpy:

TinysMom wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to go dump the Paxil down the toilet so I won't be tempted to take it.

I know it takes a while for the drugs to get into your system - but Art can always tell when I've started taking it again - because I'm singing along with the tv commercials (and sometimes dancing to them)....usually within 24 hours of starting it up again.

Yeah - it starts to hit me that quickly. Thing is - I also want to start sleeping about 18 hours per day too. :grumpy:
PLACEBO EFFECT! :)

How are you feeling today, Peg?

Tracy

Just seeing how you're doing today Peg... thinking of you and praying for you and Miss Bea...:pray:.

timetowaste wrote:
PLACEBO EFFECT! :)

How are you feeling today, Peg?

Tracy
Hmmm....can I take it for the placebo effect then? :biggrin2: 'Cause I know I sure feel different....and my body is so sensitive to meds that aspirin or tylenol can knock me out and put me to sleep....

How am I feeling today?

The "polite" part of me says, "I'm ok. I'm strong. I'll be fine someday."

The "honest" part of me says, "I feel like my heart's been ripped out of me and taken away from me. I spent more hours on a daily basis with Tiny than I did Art or Robin and he loved me more than they did....."

Take whichever answer you can handle...

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
The "honest" part of me says, "I feel like my heart's been ripped out of me and taken away from me. I spent more hours on a daily basis with Tiny than I did Art or Robin and he loved me more than they did....."
I'm sorry Peg.... :rose:

You've got my number chica. You can always just call, even if it's just to cry. I'll sit on the other side. I know you don't need advice right now...you just need to vent it out.

We love you!

Tracy

Latest posts

Back