Should I Bond My Does?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR-Rabbitry

Reaction score
I Bred My Chinchilla Mini Lop Majik Yesterday & After She Kindles And The Babies Are Gone Should I Bond Her & Missy They Are Both Does Not Spayed, & Will Not Be For Future Breeding But I Dont Know If I Should, They Might Be Slpit Up For Future Breedings So I Dont Know If It Is Such A Good Idea :?

might thi be betteer in the rabbitr?

sorry i dont know waher is a good idea or not

I don't know about bonding unaltered does. I've always heard, and read, that the best way to bond rabbits is to set them up for success. One of those steps is to have both animals altered. They don't have their hormones raging and are less apt to fight (as long as they are a good match). If you are going to breed them later, I wouldn't suggest trying to bond them. You could, but once they are separated, you would have some pretty sad rabbits. You could always separate them once bonded but keep them next to each other. That way they could see one another. Overall, I don't think I would bond them, personally. But, you know your rabbits better than other people. In the end, it's up to you! :)

In my opinion, rabbits are much happier when they are bonded. However, two unspayed females may be difficult to bond. Please read up thoroughly in our Library on bonding before attemtping to do so. Rabbits have been known to seriously injure and even kill other rabbits.

If they do bond easily even though neither is spayed, they will probably be much happier together. However, once you bond two rabbits it is considered quite cruel to separate them. They will be lost without the other once you bond them. So if you plan on breeding one again it would probably not be a good idea to bond her to another.

Is there a reason why you feel the need to breed them again?

I have two unspayed bonded does that I probably won't use for breeding but I also have a spayed/unspayed pair and I'm planning to breed one of them. To be honest I hadn't really thought about the unbonding thing. I guess i was jsut hoping to temporarily bond them with another pair and keep things flexible. I am not sure if you have other rabbits and can work out temporary bondings so that none of them start pining for company.

Back