Should I be worried?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally went and picked up our new bun...in all of our excitement we missed that she has a sore or cut on her nose. Will this heal on its own? Should I treat it? Does she need to see the vet?

It should be fine. Just keep checking that it is healing nicely & obviously not bleeding any more. I use colloidal silver if any of my buns where to get a sore etc. Its a safe natural antibiotic made from ionised silver & stops the spread of bacteria etc-can be put in their water also if there is an infection present! But by the looks of things your bun will be fine providing the cause wasnt mites.

Looks to me like maybe somebody else got her through cage wire or something similar. It looks like it's been too long at this point for something like neosporin to really be that useful but if it makes you feel better you could dab a bit on (not the kind with the pain relief added in).

I googled it. No dandruff at the nape of her neck and no bugs. I think it'll be ok :)

She was only in a cage with her mom but I suppose one of their neighbours could've nipped her. Is that what it looks like?

Agree with all, just keep your eye on her. She´s a cute little thing, what have you called her ?

Here's a pic from the top

I made her a NIC condo but she fits through the squares and hops around the house when she's supposed to be resting lol

She's thumping at night a bit. Would a cuddly toy help? She already has a hut. I'm considering a buddy for her.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back