Shopping list

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatkiidsean

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to say that I am getting a young bun soon -- not too sure on the breed yet, still unsure at the moment -- and I would like some help on what to get the bun. I was wondering if you guys would give me a basic rundown of what I would buy, kind of like a shopping list. Brand names and where to buy them would be really helpful. I have been doing my research, but I would like it if an experienced person would help me with a shopping list. Thanks in advance, and I hope to hear from you soon! :hugsquish:

Hi thatkiidsean, I'm new to buns as well so I'll share what I purchased before I brought Doc home, but bare in mind I live in Tasmania so brands won't be any use to you.
1) litter tray (if inside rabbit buy 2 and have one in hutch one inside)
2) food, pellets, lucerne, hay
3)food bowls x 3
4) bedding (I use shavings and hay)
5) hutch appropriate size for rabbit, indoor or outdoor???
6) puppy pen for outside playtime
7) toys appropriate for rabbits
8)plenty of chewable toys,apple sticks,grass matts or balls etc

I hope some of this helps

cheers shooni

Hay depends on how young your young bun is. Very young buns get alfalfa. Adult buns get Timothy or other grass hay. I get my pellets at Walmart. I got then from a feed store for a while, but it made their pee stink because of high protein. Mine are only indoors. You will want a few litter pans, depending on how much your bun will roam. You want a cage, hutch, or x-pen big enough for your bun to move around easily, hop some, and stretch out.

Toys keep your bun from boredom. I get bird toys (partly because I have a bird). They love toys they can chew and shred. A phone book is an excellent toy.

You can clam that about any paper some argue that the chemicals that are in plain white paper can cause harm too. As long as bun isn't full on eating it like he/she would with hay then it shouldn't be a problem

The ink used in the White Pages phone book is safe for bunnies because it's a soy-based ink. You just have to make sure you rip the covers off. :)

Hey I didn't know that, you learn something new everyday!

The hard plastic ones and defiantly NOT the gel filled kind

Yep, as Surf-storm said make sure they're the hard plastic. Bandit has a set of plastic baby keys and a set of stacking cups. :)

Latest posts

Back