Shock/Trauma/Cat Scratch Fever?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the fluffies

Reaction score
I reached home to find the cats in Ivory's playpen yesterday.

She was traumatized and when i found her hiding behind a box under the shelves, she was weak and her lips turned purplish. My rabbit savvy vet is 6 hours away from me, but we always keep in touch via email because she is now monitoring my other rabbit, Maxie who is a tilty bunny with kidney stones.

My vet recommended me to administer 60ml saline sub-Q for the shock, but i only managed to push in 30ml before Ivory jumped out. Her temperature was normal.

This morning she didnt eat and drink. Her temprature was 40.9°C. I chilled her down and fed her CCare and pumpkin when her temperature is 38.8°C. I called the nearby vet but he is only available after lunch. So at noon, i took Ivory to the vet. Her temperature was 41.9°C at the vet. She was given injectable baytril n metacam and the vet asked us to leave and come back in 3 days if she is not getting any better. He prescribed oral liquid Baytril.

It has been 5 hours since we visited the vet, but her temperature remaining high. I administered 50ml sub-Q saline to keep her hydrate. I try to syringe feed her, but she refused to eat. She was pooping a lot when we are at the vet. But now, no more round dark poops, but clear, round, jelly-like discharge come from her anus. I am **** worried if she is in Statis. I have emailed my rabbit-savvy vet and seek her advice.

Please pray for my sweet ivory. I hope the sub-Q will makes her perkier soon.

Hi all, sorry for the late update. Ivory left us on 27th may. The next day after i posted here. She had an injury at the neck and her crown area (she was a lop bunny) :(

Latest posts

Back