Shiny Things gets spayed tomorrow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldoerr

Reaction score
I had scheduled Shiny Things to go into the vet this Friday a week ago. This week I was concerned that they would not be able to spay her because I have been taking her temperature and it has been reading on the low side by a degree or 2. I called them and asked if that would be a problem and they say that they do do spay's if the temp is slightly lower than normal but not if they have a fever (the reason why she did not get spayed 2 weeks ago). They asked if her abscess was gone and I scent them pictures of where it was. She has been CLEARED for SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Assuming nothing happens between now and tomorrow morning). We leave for the vet at 6:30 am tomorrow so that we can be there by 7:30-8am. I need to pack her bag I suppose. Wish her luck.

She is doing ok. Not as good as Beauty after her spay but still good. She ate her bandage that was preventing her from eating her fentanyl patch (pain medication). I had to go and find a E-Collar that would fit her. Please look in my other thread, I have a few questions regarding that.

She has pooped and will eat papaya from my hands. I have not seen her eat any pelets yet. I think that she has taken a couple of bites of hay as well.

Awhh! Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with the spay and for a quick recovery. Phoenix is getting spayed on October 7th and I'm super nervous as well!

Latest posts

Back