she's nesting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caramel

Reaction score
i've noticed that on thursday caramel had loadsof fur in her bedding, looks like she is nesting as on friday she hadloads more at first i thought she was loosing her winter coat but wheni say how much was there nextday and showed friend we realised she isnesting, so she must be hitting puberty as i know for sure she isntpreg got no other buns so i've been thinking of getting her a soft toybut havent found any resonable ones around which wouldnt cause her anyharm

Aw bless her.

Maybe a phantom pregnancy somehow. I had a couple of bunniesthat were really prone to these, surge of hormones I guess, so you areprobably right in what you say about adolescence.

It's quite sad in its way, hopefully hers will pass quickly.

Yep, sounds like a phantom pregnancy to me.

Just keep an eye on her, that she's not consuming any of thefur. Otherwise, she'll be fine, and you should be able toclean out the nest in about a week (that's how long I leave Maisie'swhen she creates hers). :)

Hugs!

Rosie*

You're adorable, Okinawa...

I wouldn't worry too much. I think it's just the bunthinking, "Okay, I'm not spayed...maybe I should build a nest JUST INCASE." Something like that. Seems to me, it's justthe motherly instinct coming out a bit. :)

I think it's really cute...and like to leave the nest for about a week(watching for fur consumption), so Maisie (my only girl that nests)doesn't think I'm taking her "kits" away. She's pretty cageand food agressive...don't need a bite from taking away thenest! :shock:

Anyway, yeah...I don't think they're sad, or anything...I think it's kind of a "just in case" kind of preparation. :)

Back