Shelters in the Gainesville, FL area

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkinandwhiskersmom

Reaction score
Good morning,

My daughter and her husband moved to Gainesville in the spring, and have decided they want to adopt a dog. Does anyone know of a reputable shelter that would help them in this process. They've talked to someone (can't remember where), and the folks there suggested that, since this is a first dog for each of them, they foster first to get an idea of what all having a dog entails. I thought that was a great idea...you know how we moms are...feel like they're barely toilet-trained themselves...how are they going to care for a dog?...totally unfounded since they are both very responsible adults (ages 25 and 28). Any words of wisdom would be great....Thanks!

From my experience most shelters have really good people who want to help the first timers find their perfect dog. If it was me, I would suggest that they look for a calmer dog that already has some basic training. Some breeds are much more challenging than others and sometimes people dont really realize that.

I'm sure when they get to the shelter there will be someone there to help them out. Its so great they are adopting!!

Back