Sheep & Wool festival - Rhinebeck NY - Oct 15-16

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMom

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else is planning to go tothis. My friend is coming up from Philly with her friend andwe're going on Saturday. I'm interested in seeing the AngoraRabbits demo, even though I'm not allowed to bring any home.:X

Hi BunnyMom,

I'm so sorry I didn't know it was even a possibility of you going. Idefinitely would've met you. Unfortunately, I have already made plansfor a Night Out with friends in Manhattan that weekend. We get togetherfor each of our birthday's and one of us had a birthday yesterday.

It's supposed to be a great festival. When I was walking the GoshenFair with FreddysMom and Brooke, some of the French and English Angorabreeders were talking to us about how they do spin the wool. I know...Iknow...just another excuse of you to get another rabbit. :disgust:You'll stop at nothing!

A word to the wise: If you have any wool items: scarves, ponchos,capes, blankets, etc., that may need a touch up of repair, bring it tothe show. They have every type of wool there and can spin it and fixwhatever needs it.

-Carolyn

Hey Carolyn!

I didn't realize how close Rhinebeck is to your place! Ithought it was a lot farther north. We'll have to plan fornext year! One of my best friends is coming up from Phillyand bringing a friend of hers. And the shop where I take myspinning class is taking a bus up there, so we'll probably catch up tothe rest of the class there.

Thanks for the info on repairing wool items! I wouldn't havethought of that. Scott and I just built another armoire lastnight, so while we're re-arranging clothes tonight I'll check throughmy stuff.

How funny - you're coming to Manhattan - while I'm here all the timeexcept for when you're coming down. :( Are you planning tocome down to see the Christmas lights later this year? Maybe we canplan something then.

You don't really think I'd try to bring home another rabbit, do you?
:embarrassed:

Yes, Rhinebeck is fairly close to me.Fun that you friend is coming in with her friend. I've beenwondering how the spinning class is going.PUH-LEASEEEE, you not get another rabbit. That's what thisspinning class is all about...getting a wooly or angora.

Going down to the City to see the lights sounds like a greatidea. Will keep it in mind. I've been running sincebefore Buck died, and to be honest, I'm really happy for November toarrive. Nothing planned - it'll be great! It seemslike every month, I think...this one is totally free, and then before Iknow it, I forgot a commitment I made here orthere.I'm in over my head. Have hadcompany just about every weekend and I'm ready to just tackle nothingbut the Lighthouse Puzzle I started with a friend this weekend.

-Carolyn

Did any of you come up for the Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck?
I live just 20 minutes from Rhinebeck - in fact, Rhinebeck is my home town.
I didn't realize they had RABBITS (Angora)at this festival until you guys brought it up here!
Anyhow, I didn't go to it, but I had to go into Rhinebeck on an errend today, and passed the fairgrounds.
There was a beat up old station wagon parked on the side of Rt 9, a bitnorth of the maingate, with a cardboard sign posted on it: "AngoraRabbits - $30 to $35".
My heart just sank. They had the back of the station wagon down, with asmall cage containing a rather large white rabbit. That's all therabbits I could see.
I didn't stop - just slowed down to look. If I had stopped, I would have bought the whole lot!
I only wish I had the room... I'd have rabbits galore...
:thumper::mrsthumper::apollo::happyrabbit::jumpingbunny::happybunny:

Yes I did! and it was AWESOME!

One of my best friends came up from Philly and we drove up on Saturday- it only took us a little over an hour. We got there shortlyafter they opened, walked all day and still didn't see itall!:shock: Next year I want to go both days!

I got to see the angora rabbits demonstration - they were sobeautiful! Hard to believe they weigh about the same as Pocounder all that hair! The lady doing the demonstration had twoEnglish Angoras and she was showing how to blow out their hair with ablower so you can see where the knots are so you can clip themout. I would LOVE to get an angora or a Jersey Wooly, sinceI've recently started spinning, but I was told I can buy anything Iwant at the fair as long as it doesn't eat andpoop! I did see the ones for sale by the road, too, but myfriend wouldn't stop the car - she knows me too well!

The alpacas were so beautiful too! I found out you only needfive alpacas to get farm tax breaks. :ponder: Nowmy friend and I keep talking about moving to Vermont so she can haveher sheep farm and I can have my alpaca/angora farm!

I did buy some really cool fibers - some dyed soy silk, dyedmerino/tencel and a big bag of llama/angora/merino. I alsolearned how to make cording with a tool called a "Lucette", so I boughtone of those, and I learned some new knitting techniques. Wehad such a great time! Can't wait for the Maryland Sheep andWool Festival in May!

Latest posts

Back