Shedding so much HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulubooboo

Reaction score
Hey everyone :) my little girl, Lulu, has always shed a lot and since it spring I think she's shedding her winter fur but there is SO much fur! I tried brush her but it doesn't do anything her fur is so thin, she likes it but it doesn't help with fur issue haha. I don't like snuggling or petting her anymore because of how much fur (that I'm allergic to 😭) is in the air and on me afterwards. Any suggestions??

My last rabbit had fur that came out like dandelion fuzz so she was very pluckable which made for easier and yet much more hairy shedding season. For a bunny that just sheds in full on 'cloud of fur' though - I've seen some gloves online that you wear and stroke the rabbit. Maybe those would help? We used to have a trick for the family cat that I'm not sure might or might not work on a rabbit but we'd take a mild tape - like that blue painters tape - something without a lot of cling to its stick and we'd wrap it around our hand sticky side out and pat and stroke the cat. He didn't seem to mind and like I said you don't want tape that's actually going to stick to the animal itself so much as something that will just pick up the loose hair. We never got the tape stuck to the cat so it worked for him. Not sure if that kind of thing would work for your bunny and you or not. You'd have to very carefully experiment so Lulu didn't end up running off with your hand but it might be worth a try?

Depending on where you are - I lived near a rabbit breeder for a few years and she'd come over and shave Fizz a couple of times each summer for me for a small fee. In Fizz's case it was to keep her cool during the hot months but maybe something like that if available might help with the shedding too?

My last rabbit had fur that came out like dandelion fuzz so she was very pluckable which made for easier and yet much more hairy shedding season. For a bunny that just sheds in full on 'cloud of fur' though - I've seen some gloves online that you wear and stroke the rabbit. Maybe those would help? We used to have a trick for the family cat that I'm not sure might or might not work on a rabbit but we'd take a mild tape - like that blue painters tape - something without a lot of cling to its stick and we'd wrap it around our hand sticky side out and pat and stroke the cat. He didn't seem to mind and like I said you don't want tape that's actually going to stick to the animal itself so much as something that will just pick up the loose hair. We never got the tape stuck to the cat so it worked for him. Not sure if that kind of thing would work for your bunny and you or not. You'd have to very carefully experiment so Lulu didn't end up running off with your hand but it might be worth a try?

Depending on where you are - I lived near a rabbit breeder for a few years and she'd come over and shave Fizz a couple of times each summer for me for a small fee. In Fizz's case it was to keep her cool during the hot months but maybe something like that if available might help with the shedding too?
Ok thank you so much for your suggestions!! I'll look around for that type of glove, I've heard of them before but never thought of it!

Minx is shedding sooooooo much
I just bought her a KONG ZOOMGROOM
WOW!!! Now that works
I’m about 2 minutes I had about a pound of fur!!!
Well not a pound in bunny weight but it was a BIG PILE
OH MY GOODNESS I’m so excited
I’ve been using a brush; a comb and not being very successful but this is amazing!
It’s actually a cat groomer but it’s working!
Minx, if you remember, is the bunny who doesn’t like hay! It was suggested I try something different and so today I bought her some orchard. She ate for 5 minutes steady! Yup, I’m thinking she likes it!
Oh thank you, thank you!
Hopefully she doesn’t tire of it. It’s a totally different texture; much softer. More like a dry grass. Later I will try to mix with her Timothy and see how she does with that but for now we are an “Orchard girl”😃🐇😃👍👍☝️😱

Latest posts

Back