Shedding or a problem?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulubooboo

Reaction score
Lulu has always shed a lot. But now with summer coming around, she's started to shed even more. I noticed her little floofy bottom has become very, well, floofy.
She won't let me brush her near her tail, where all the hair is, so I pull it out. The picture of all the hair in my hand is from one gentle pull of her little bottom area. Should I continue pulling all the hair out? I am not ripping it out, I am just gently tugging it out.
I don't want her to inhale all that hair, because it would be bad for her right?

Attachments

• 20200607_130319(0).jpg
    20200607_130319(0).jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200607_130238.jpg
    20200607_130238.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 2
It looks like she’s going through a heavy moult. Make sure to brush (or pluck) her often. Plucking the fur has been working better for me rather than a brush or comb, my rabbits fur just doesn’t come out with them. So my fingers do a better job. It wouldn’t be good for her to ingest that fur so it’s good that you’re helping her groom. I’ve heard of rabbits getting stasis because they’ve ingested too much fur

Right, heavy moult. I have to pluck fistfulls of fur from Dottys rear, she kinda hates it, but when I let her go she turns around instantly to get her treat, can't be that bad then.

It looks like she’s going through a heavy moult. Make sure to brush (or pluck) her often. Plucking the fur has been working better for me rather than a brush or comb, my rabbits fur just doesn’t come out with them. So my fingers do a better job. It wouldn’t be good for her to ingest that fur so it’s good that you’re helping her groom. I’ve heard of rabbits getting stasis because they’ve ingested too much fur
Ok, thank you for confirming that she's ok, and I'm not hurting her 😂. She absolutely hates it when I pluck her fur out and usually thumps and grunts when I put her down, but she's also a bittttt of a drama queen.

My rabbit is going through a heavy molt as well and I swear she has more hair shedding than I do myself. I brush her every day and I will have the size of a softball worth of fur from her. Definitely brush often because you don't want her to ingest it all. A little bit of fur is fine but my rabbit's gut started slowing down and she was stressed (smaller poops) because she was ingesting too much fur. I was only brushing her once a week prior to her molt and now I'm brushing every day.

My rabbit hasn't molted yet. What age do they start? And I'm sorry your bunny is giving you a hard time. 😅

My rabbit is going through a heavy molt as well and I swear she has more hair shedding than I do myself. I brush her every day and I will have the size of a softball worth of fur from her. Definitely brush often because you don't want her to ingest it all. A little bit of fur is fine but my rabbit's gut started slowing down and she was stressed (smaller poops) because she was ingesting too much fur. I was only brushing her once a week prior to her molt and now I'm brushing every day.
Ok, I've only been brushing her about twice a week. Partly because I couldn't find her favorite brush and had to use one she didn't like. But I've found her favorite brush so now she must endure once a day brushing. 🙃

Latest posts

Back