Sheboygan Shelter Buns *very crowded*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, he's not listed anymore. :( Did he get adopted?

sas :expressionless:

Sunggles is still there as of yesterday. I don't think they uploaded his profile yet. ;)

I should get a video of him for you! :D

List of rabbits on Petfinder IS up to date at this time, minus one rabbit.

SCHS Rabbits on Petfinder

One of the babies from Hop was going to be adopted but (I believe) is now available again. They haven't gotten her picture taken and her profile up yet.

Hey everyone! I haven't updated here in a while because I really haven't needed too (good and bad).

We haven't gotten more rabbits but we haven't adopted any out. :(

List of rabbits on Petfinder IS up to date at this time.

SCHS Rabbits on Petfinder

hehe thanks! I do too. If I didn't have four already I might have scooped them up already. hehe :D

[align=center]Diamond has been...
ADOPTED!
:party::woohoo:clapping::yahoo:
[/align]

Boz wrote:
Diamond

Breed: Mixed Breed, maybe Lop mix?
Petfinder Link: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14034542
Info: From Petfinder: "Hi, my name is Diamond. I was abandoned at the SCHS front door with 3 other rabbits. I don't know why we would be left behind we are very friendly bunnies. Please adopt one of us and tell your friends about my friends so we can all be adopted!"

Pictures:
P6197691.jpg

P6197688.jpg

He's a cute little guy. I haven't worked with him much myself but I'll let you know more about him as I do! :)

Currently At The Shelter:

Floppy & CoCo Puff (Pair of Bonded Female Mini Lops)
Hop (Lop Mix)
Twitchie (Lop Mix)
Nibbles (Lop Mix)

No new rabbits and (as stated above) Diamond has been adopted!! :D

And all the rabbits that are currently at the shelter are listed above with pictures and info. :)

Floppy & CoCo Puff have gone to one of the pet stores in town here in hopes to be adopted!

And we got another rabbit in, but I don't know anything about him/her right now as I was only in for a few minutes. Hopefully I'll get more info soon! :)

So, here's a MUCH needed update on the rabbits at the shelter!!

Current Rabbits at the Shelter:
Hop
Twitchie & Nibbles
Midnight
Charlie
Thumper
(Scroll Down for more info on each!)

[line][line]Hop

Breed: Lop Mix
Petfinder Link: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14461520
Info: She was left in a box with 4 other rabbits at the shelter door over night.

Pictures:
PB212364.jpg

PB212365.jpg

My Opinion: She's a little nervous about everything but is good when picked up. I think it's more that she needs a good home with routine and I think she'll be a great bunny. :D I do know she's always good when I clip her names. Her (and the two others that came with her) have been there a while now. They need a home! From what I was told, she's pretty good with her litter box too.

[line][line]Twitchie & Nibbles

Breed: Lop Mix
Petfinder Link:
Twitchie: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14441500
Nibbles: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14441499
Info: "I was abandoned by the front door of the Humane Society with 5 other littermates. We would love to have a home that will keep us and not leave outside all alone. Remember we always have our buddy plan. Please consider adopting one or two of us."

Pictures:

Twitchie:
PB212371.jpg

Nibbles:
PB212369.jpg

My Opinion: Both have not been handled much. They tolerate handling but really do need some working with. They want to love, but they just don't know how! They need lots of TLC and a routine and I think they'd make great companions. Good with their litter box too!

As for going together, well it would be ideal, but I don't think it's a must. They have been together all their life but I think as long as they get lots of TLC they may be okay. :)

[line][line]

Midnight

Breed: Mini Lop
Petfinder Link: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14992228
Info: "Hi, my name is Midnight. I'm a beautiful rabbit that was surrendered to the shelter because my owner no longer wanted me. I'm a little shy but will warm up if you give me time! Please adopt me!"

Pictures:
PB212358.jpg

PB212357.jpg

My Opinion: Midnight is not a cage bunny at all. He's not used to hands either so can get a little nervous with hands reaching in his cage. However he's a real lap bunny and tends to settle right down in your lap. :) He just needs some TLC! :D

[line][line]

Charlie

Gender: Un-Neutered Male (Will be neutered before adoption)
Breed: Mini Lop
Petfinder Link: N/A
Info: Charlie came in as a stray.

Pictures:
PB212375.jpg

PB212380.jpg

PB212382.jpg

My Opinion: Charlie came in as a stray when I was actually at the shelter. His nails were terribly long and he was in need of a good brushing! We clipped his nails right away and Naturestee and I later got to brush him out some. He's a real sweetie. He's a little nervous about being picked up but he's very curious to come up to you and loves nose rubs. :)

He loves to move around so getting a good picture was hard! And these were before he was brushed. You can also see a bare spot across his nose. We think he probably sat outside in a cage chewing the bars non-stop. He even has scarring there from chewing. Poor Guy. He's finally free!

[line][line]
Thumper

Breed: Netherland Dwarf Mix
Petfinder Link: N/A
Info: Previous owner didn't have time for her anymore.

Pictures:
PB212349.jpg

PB212341.jpg

PB212350.jpg

PB212353.jpg

PB212354.jpg

PB212361.jpg

PB212372.jpg

My Opinion: As soon as I saw Thumper I thought "Omg it's Louie!!" Thumper is a VERY sweet rabbit and probably would be great for a first time bunny owner. She's sweet, doesn't mind being picked up and comes right up to you in her cage. She even took a craisin from my hand, which is rare for most shelter buns to do! I think she's just a happy-go-lucky type of bunny. :D

[line][line]
Litter box habits are good for all of them (or so I was told). So that's a plus! :D

If you have more questions feel free to ask!

You know that song by The Doors that goes "Hello, I love you won't you tell me your name?" That's Thumper's song!:D

Midnight is a squishy mush of a rabbit once he's out of the cage. His coloring is called steel and it's really pretty.

Quick update! There are three rabbits that came in this weekend, from yet another 4H kid who doesn't want to take care of them. All three are boys. One is a tort-colored mix, one a white lionhead with grey (?) points, and the third is a pedigreed blue Silver Fox. All three are very sweet.

We also have two ferrets that came in as strays, about ten bajillion dwarf hamsters, and it sounds like we may be getting in a bunch of gerbils too.

naturestee wrote:
Quick update! There are three rabbits that came in this weekend, from yet another 4H kid who doesn't want to take care of them. All three are boys. One is a tort-colored mix, one a white lionhead with grey (?) points, and the third is a pedigreed blue Silver Fox. All three are very sweet.

We also have two ferrets that came in as strays, about ten bajillion dwarf hamsters, and it sounds like we may be getting in a bunch of gerbils too.
It's so sad that people don't put some thought into what they are doing to these poor animals. Soooo many homeless/unwanted critters and only so many loving, caring homes :tears2:

I will get pictures of the new rabbits up soon. And for dwarf hamsters we have 12 plus a mom and 5 newborn babies.

And we might be getting gerbils now?!?!

Yeah, it sounded like they might just be held for a while to help the person out. It's through Salvation Army. The SA person wasn't sure how many gerbils but it sounded like it might be a bunch. Hopefully they aren't breeding together...

Latest posts

Back