Sheboygan Shelter Buns *very crowded*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boz

Reaction score
Sheboygan Shelter Buns
SCHS Wisconsin: Rabbits needing homes!

The SCHS tends to get in rabbits often (never not having at least one). So I thought, why not make a blog for the little buns?

The Sheboygan County Humane Society Website:
http://www.myschs.com/

List of rabbits on Petfinder (not always up to date)
SCHS Rabbits on Petfinder

All the rabbits at the SCHS are spayed/neutered before being adopted out.

I'll post pictures and my personal thought on each of them. :biggrin2:

Can't wait to read more!
Very cool thread, Breanna :)

Diamond

Breed: Mixed Breed, maybe Lop mix?
Petfinder Link: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14034542
Info: From Petfinder: "Hi, my name is Diamond. I was abandoned at the SCHS front door with 3 other rabbits. I don't know why we would be left behind we are very friendly bunnies. Please adopt one of us and tell your friends about my friends so we can all be adopted!"

Pictures:
P6197691.jpg

P6197688.jpg

He's a cute little guy. I haven't worked with him much myself but I'll let you know more about him as I do! :)

Thanks Autumn! :D I got the idea from Pet_Bunny's thread for the Edmonton Humane Society, so I have to credit him!!

Between the two of you, shelter buns certainly stand a good chance at finding a great home!
Diamond is such a cute, pudgy little pumpkin!

I love his Helicopter ears. :D Half Lop have not!

I'll update with more bunnies soon. :) (yes we have more! :() I think you'll like the next two bunnies I post about though!! :D

Floppy & Coco Puff

Breed: Mini Lop
Petfinder Link: N/A
Info: Floppy is the Broken and Coco Puff is the solid.

Pictures:

P7249412.jpg

P7249411.jpg

P7249410.jpg

There cage was being cleaned here, that's why there's no litter box in it and it's messy!
P7219246.jpg

What happens to a fuzz butt with no towel during nail clipping. :p
P7219238.jpg

From my experience with them so far, both seem friendly, though they are a tad hormonal since they are not spayed. They don't mind being held and they are very soft and adorable! I think these two should be adopted together as they seem to have a solid bond with eachother. :)

Snuggles

Breed: Mini Rex
Info: N/A

Pictures:
P8039802.jpg

P8039803.jpg

When I went up to his cage he got VERY excited! He was begging for pets and to come out and was even doing mini binkies in his cage!! Poor Snuggles spent the first part of his life as a girl. We were told he was a girl when he came in. :p

These pictures are adorable. I love the first one.

Boz wrote:
Floppy & Coco Puff

Breed: Mini Lop

Pictures:

P7249410.jpg

What happens to a fuzz butt with no towel during nail clipping. :p
P7219238.jpg

Hop

Breed: Lop Mix
Info: She was left in a box with 4 other rabbits at the shelter door over night.

Pictures:
P8039807.jpg

P8039808.jpg

I haven't done much handling with her myself, but once I do I'll write something up about her! :) I do believe she is the mama for the other 4 babies that came in with her, but I do not know that for sure.

Twitchie & Nibbles

Breed: Lop Mix
Info: These two were 2 of the 5 rabbits left in a box at the shelter door over night.

Pictures:

Twitchie:
P8039816.jpg

P8039820.jpg

P8039825.jpg

P8039826.jpg

Nibbles:
P8039821.jpg

P8039823.jpg

These two are probably around 8 weeks old. More info will come soon!

All the bunnies listed above are still at the shelter!

I was at the shelter today and I spent a little time with two of the bunnies.

Snuggles - Doesn't mind being held and was quiet good for me. :) He is a little grunting when reaching for him in the cage but he's not yet neutered so I think after his "big snip" that will get much better! He seems like a real sweet heart. On his sheet it said he was won at a carnival and when the kids decided to not take care of him anymore, he was to go, because the parents didn't want to. Poor guy. :(

Hop - When I was petting her in her cage she was a little uneasy but was never was aggressive towards me (grunting, boxing, etc). I think she just needs some TLC. ;) She was very good being held and excellent for her nail clipping! :D

I hope individuals come to adopt. There are so many at shelters who need a forever home. Your volunteering at the shelter provides them with affection.

Yachts of praises to you gals who volunteer! :highfive:

You read the background info on the surrenders and you just get sick. Reminds me of a conversation yesterday while I picked up a parsley donation. The parents told of their youngsters getting handouts at Seven Mile Fair.

Ugh for those disposable give-a-ways. When will humans be responsible or do research before bringing on the little cutesy bunny? I just read the background info on Snuggles...

Again, Boz, you are a leader in your volunteer shoes.

Yeah it's sad. :( He seems like such a sweet boy too. When I think about it, I don't think I've ever met a Mini Rex that's not friendly! :p

Also, some of petfinder links are up! It'd be great if a Mod could fix them above for me too. If no it's no problem. :)

Floppy & CoCo Puff

Petfinder Link:
Floppy: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14441493
CoCo Puff: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14441492
"I am 2 years old and litterboxed trained. I was surrendered because my owner has allergies to me and my buddy Coco Puff. I have been around kids ages 7-13 years old. Please adopt me!"

Twitchie & Nibbles

Petfinder Link:
Twitchie: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14441500
Nibbles: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14441499
Info: "I was abandoned by the front door of the Humane Society with 5 other littermates. We would love to have a home that will keep us and not leave outside all alone. Remember we always have our buddy plan. Please consider adopting one or two of us."

Pipp wrote:
I want Snuggles. :( Anybody heading west? And a little north?

sas :(
I see why. :hug:

Latest posts

Back