She-Ra had her kits!!! IM A GRANDMA!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocelbug

Reaction score
UPDATE! i went home at lunch to check on my rabbits--and i heard rustling and squeeking coming from the nest--sure enuff, there were little squiggly gray things under the fur and newspaper!! YAY!!! IM A GRANDMA!!! im gonna put Skelly in his cage and keep the door shut, the cage is in the kitchen near the nest, will he and she be ok to be near each other but not out WITH each other?? I would hate for her to become pregnant again.....hes not sexually agressive with her, but i dont wanna take any chances.....he was SO PROUD to show me the kits when i got home, he was running circles around my feet and ran straight to the nest as if to say "LOOK WHAT I DID!"

Jocelbug wrote:
UPDATE! i went home at lunch to check on my rabbits--and i heard rustling and squeeking coming from the nest--sure enuff, there were little squiggly gray things under the fur and newspaper!! YAY!!! IM A GRANDMA!!! im gonna put Skelly in his cage and keep the door shut, the cage is in the kitchen near the nest, will he and she be ok to be near each other but not out WITH each other?? I would hate for her to become pregnant again.....hes not sexually agressive with her, but i dont wanna take any chances.....he was SO PROUD to show me the kits when i got home, he was running circles around my feet and ran straight to the nest as if to say "LOOK WHAT I DID!"

awe congrats! now pics! :biggrin2:

Congratulations Grandma! Definitely need to show of those grandkids.

The happy couple should be fine living next to each other till the kiddies grow up and then get Mom spayed. Just watch though, males have been known to get does pregnant through the wire. Just be careful.

So glad for the happy couple and look to hear all kiddies are healthy.

Again congrats Grandma!

K:)

Thanks u guys! im having my baby by c-section in 2 weeks so im too big, couldnt get in the floor good enuff to check to make sure all the kits are viable, but the one i did see close up had a fat little tummy and was very active! I will get u pics as soon as my kids get home and i can put them up to getting in the floor.

Jocelbug wrote:
Thanks u guys! im having my baby by c-section in 2 weeks so im too big, couldnt get in the floor good enuff to check to make sure all the kits are viable, but the one i did see close up had a fat little tummy and was very active! I will get u pics as soon as my kids get home and i can put them up to getting in the floor.

Definitely let the kids do it! Take care of yourself. Hoping 2 weeks fly by for you and all goes smoothly!

K:)

As far as we can tell there are only 2 kits in the nest-but no dead kits or left-over afterbirth in the nest. I dont want to disturb them too much as she is a FTM, but when I can get a good clear shot of them, I will be sure to post pics for yall! they appear to be gray like their daddy and they are so wrinkly and squirmy and LOUD (like their mommy)!

Latest posts

Back