She is like a chameleon!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyRue

Reaction score
Rue keeps changing colours! I can't keep up with her lol. When I first brought her home she was grey/silver with a white belly and a tiny bit of white behind her ears. Now she has white spots all over her body!

My little chameleon!

At 5 weeks old

rueedit.png

This afternoon 9(ish) weeks

guiltyedit.png

lol very much so! I should have called her ninja bunny. She leaps out of nowhere and pounces on my dog. She will hide under the couch peeking her nose out from under the skirt of the couch waiting for Maggie to lose interest and as she walks by she pounces on top of her.

Goodness this little bun is so entertaining. I love her so much.

Oooooh I've seen Harvey do that to my fat cat. My fat cat was going to pounce on Harvey who was around the corner. Well when the cat comes charging up to Harvey, Harvey made a flying leap of death from out of his spot at the cat's face. Hahaha oooh the cat shot straight up. He was not expecting that. I do like Rue's spots. Like a leopard.

Haha, so cute!! Is the texture of the spots less soft and fluffy? To me it looks like she's growing some more grown up hair intermixed with her fluffy undercoat-ish baby hair. I'm willing to bet her entire back will have that fur within the next month or so. Very sweet little pumpkin :)

The spots do seem to feel a little different. Its hard to tell right yet. So there is a chance she might end up whiting out all down her back?

I am new to the whole bunny genetics and colouring thing. So its been neat to watch.

You will see many transformation of her coat until she's at least 6 months. Neville is just coming into his adult coat.

Have fun watching her change.

Thanks for sharing. She is such a sweetie.

K:)

Karen do you think she will end up being more white then silver/grey by the time she is done?

I have no idea how the colour genetics in bunnies works. I am very interested now. Think I might have to take a detour away from my equine theory and genetics to read up on bunny genetics lol. Don't tell my trainer though she will hang me since I am supposed to be cramming for my coaching exam :whistling

BabyRue wrote:
Karen do you think she will end up being more white then silver/grey by the time she is done?

I have no idea how the colour genetics in bunnies works. I am very interested now. Think I might have to take a detour away from my equine theory and genetics to read up on bunny genetics lol. Don't tell my trainer though she will hang me since I am supposed to be cramming for my coaching exam :whistling
When Dobby changed, he went lighter. So she could.

Bunny genetics is fun and very interesting, but stay the course. Wishing you all the luck with your Coaching exam.

K:)

That's just like how my Flower is right now, although she's just over a year old! When I first got her she was this lighter warm grey, but now with shedding, she's becoming a darker cool grey. It's funny though, because the way she's shedding is the exact same on both sides of her body, so they're practically identical! XD
Here she is when I first got her:
16700_102225_050000002.jpg

And here she is now:
16700_122109_220000000.jpg

Although, now that I'm seeing the pictures, it seems as if she's shedding back to her original colour! Ahahaha

Latest posts

Back