She is having pups

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, she is huge! I bet she'll have 4 puppies, but maybe more.

It's so exciting that her temp is going down...puppies should be here soon!

Jen

thanks all, i may be wrong but she is not herself she just wants to stay in her pen, and cant get comfy, my son isstill up and he is only six but he is so excites and will be my helper

cirrustwi wrote:
Oh, oh, oh!!! I'm so excited for you! Isthis her firstlitter?

Good luck! I'll be praying for a safe delivery.

Jen
LOL great pic, yes this is her first litter, she has been for awee 3 times in the last half hour, sorry if im babbling but I'm sonervous

How's her tummy? Is it hard?You should be able to see when she's having contractions. Youare correct in that usually once the temperature drops, she should havethem within 48 hrs. Is she digging at the nest box oranything? They often do that and definitely can't seem to getcomfortable when they are getting ready. Since it's her firstlitter, she might be confused about what's going on.

Make sure your little one is prepared, she might cry as it will hurt.

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
How's her tummy? Is it hard? You shouldbe able to see when she's having contractions. You arecorrect in that usually once the temperature drops, she should havethem within 48 hrs. Is she digging at the nest box oranything? They often do that and definitely can't seem to getcomfortable when they are getting ready. Since it's her firstlitter, she might be confused about what's going on.

Make sure your little one is prepared, she might cry as it will hurt.

Jen
Yep you are right, I have whelped and raised litters before butthey have been other peoples dogs, it seems different when its yourbaby girl, well she is still a baby to me lol

Oh, I would be a nervous wreck! We arethinking of breeding yorkies, but I think I would be to nuts about thewhole thing. LMBO

Jen

Well all i would suggest is that you do what idid help out breeders it gives you the experience as well as helpingyou to know if you can afford it both mentally and money wise, You alsohave to think about the health testing and contracts that will go withyour pups, there is also the poss of loosing both bitch and pups, thisis a hard thing to decide to put her through, but as long as with anyanimal you are bettering the breed then you have a good starting block,good luck with whatever you choose

They are here, we have 8 cuties mum and pups are doing great and she is a super mum, here is a pic of them all settled

000_0230.jpg

000_0231.jpg

Oh, look at those cuties!! How adorable are they?

I've already helped a breeder with yorkies. I was with herthe whole way when Jake's mom was pregnant and when he wasborn. It was a crazy huge litter. Yorkies usuallyhave 2 maybe 3 and Dixie had 7!!

Jen

Back