Shaking!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reesesforlife

Reaction score
I’ve come to notice that bunnies shake a lot, whether it’s from fear or after an intense run. One of my little ones had spent some time roaming around the house and when we went to put her back in her new cage she started to shake to the point her whole cage was moving. I have never seen a rabbit shake so fast and vigorously, and have yet to find anything on it. She didn’t stop unti i reaches my hand into the cage and she moved to get away. Has anyone else experienced such a thing? Should I be worried, or is this simply fright?

Rabbits have a very fast heartbeat even when resting. How do you "put her back in her cage"? If you had to chase her to catch her in order to put her in, that could cause her to breathe very fast (which makes it look like they are shaking).

It's best to coax a rabbit into the cage. She shouldn't have to be "placed" back in her cage. It's best to trick them into thinking that they are the ones deciding to hop back in the cage. This can be done with food or by teaching a command word or by closing an x-pen in closer to the cage until she has no choice but to hop in. So long as she is the one choosing to hop back in.

I agree with blue eyes about panting could look like shaking - my bunny shakes the whole bed when she flops down after a good run around!

Latest posts

Back