Shaking Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dublinperky

Reaction score
I also posted this on the general one but to make a long story short my bunnies seem to be breathing fast and their hearts beating fast too. Could they be nervous about being in a new home or just that it is normal! Help!

:)DublinPerky:)

When did the shaking start? Is anything different in their world? What about giving them their favorite treat? Are they eating? The behaviour you state is very vague - so hard to diagnosis.. How old, what have they eaten are you in an area with storms? More info would be helpful..

They are two months. I can't really answer the other questions since I got them yesterday. They were eating fine when I fed them. I think being in a new enviornment might be why... I'll see if it happens tommorow and maybe video it and post the video so you can see what I am talking about.

OH! Had no idea they were so you and new to you! They sound nervous, my bun when I first got him all of 3 months ago would do the breathing fast thing as well, which I think made him look to be shaking.. I think your OK as long as they are eating and drinking water..

I remember how scarey it was in the begining.. So if they like nose rubs, give it to them, if their skittish - give them some space to get used to their new enviorement..

Are they sibblings? Are they in the same cage?Are they seperate sexes or the same? And YES photos and Video would be fantastic! But I think they are just nervous..

The girls are from the same litter but the boy is from a different litter. Yes the will have separate cages but right now they are all in the same. Only for a couple days though and they are very young. We are building the cages and they didn't turn out as easy as we thought so only one cage is done yet. Hints why they are in the same cage;) The girls will probably love nose rubs but the boy I'll lay off for awhile. I hope they are just nervous. I'll post a video tommorow. Here is their picture:
GW763

I just love the Californians! They are just gorgeous! :inlove: I'm sure you will find it takesawhile to get everyone comfortable in their new accomodations.. Keep an eye on them (and yourself).. Are they your first buns or have you had others? And, really can't wait for the video you promised!

I had a bunny when I was younger but I don't remeber him much! So it is kind of like my first rabbits. They are for a 4-H project. (the breeding project)

Latest posts

Back