sexing Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tierlakay

Reaction score
I was just wondering at what age do you all determine the sex of your kits??..

Our babies are now 4weeks old and we are all dying to know what sex they are... I have tried a few times and compared from photo's off the internet.. But haven't told the kids what I think just in case.....

Do I have to wait until they are 8 weeks??, is there an easy way of telling???

I'm usually able to tell from about three weeks on (some more experienced people can tell younger) the boys bits usually pop out more when you apply pressure (put you thumb just over the genital area and you index finger just under and push gently) and they look more like a tube with a circle on top lol! The girls pop out less and have a slit. I think there are some good pictures around here somewhere.

If the litter is small or I can tell the diffrence in a majority of the babies by markings/color then I check them the day they are born. If not I wait for the fur to come in to tell who is what but I normally check them and get a number within the first few days. I find it easier checking gender on day old babies than on week old babies, less wiggly.

Thanks for all the replies.. I have successfully determined the sex... we have 5 males and 2 females...

I am very interested in how you can determine the sex when they are born!!!.... I have 4 in the nest now (3days old) and would love to work out what sex they are..

That 4 wk wait was a killer.. lol....

I have a 2 day old litter of two and both babies are bucks. I checked them as soon as I found them. It is impossible unless you know what your doing. The area is so small that you need nails, but you have to be firm yet easy so it comes out yet you do not hurt them. I wonder If I could video it? :S

Latest posts

Back