Sexing Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyPal

Reaction score
Hello,
I took in 3 foster bunnies from the local shelter. They sexed them there and determined them to be 1 female and 2 males..but seemed a tad bit unsure.
I separated all three to be safe as they have been together and were born sometime in July.
(I don't want any surprises here)

I've owned a female rabbit so know what I need to on their care, but it's been a while since I've been asked to sex one. I know these pictures may not be as clear as they need to be..but maybe I could get a second opinion from someone with more experience? If I need to take some at a different angle I will certainly try my best.

Rabbit #1 (one thought to be female)
IMG_6678_zpsff19f38e.jpg

Rabbit #2 (thought to be male)
IMG_6682_zps4d5f6a0a.jpg

Rabbit #3 (thought to be male)
IMG_6689_zpsd4aba3ca.jpg

Thank you in advance. :)

I can clearly tell they're right and I have two males and a female now.

I watched quite a few sexing videos and figured it out.

I would agree with one and two but I can't see 3 too clearly. I would think you'd be seeing testicles pretty soon. Will the shelter be spaying and neutering them?

When should I separate the males? (I've been reading around this age)
I need to get a better divider for the cage (I have a c & c set up, but the holes dividing the middle are too big) but can do so in the morning.

The males cuddled together and started grooming each other so I didn't have the heart to separate them tonight. I'm sure they're stressed in a new environment.

Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I cut my other answer out my mistake. I'm not sure if they will be fixing the rabbits at the shelter. I would guess no.

Looks correct to me, but I always believe in seeing for myself as a Nick we got from a shelter turned out to be Nikki when I checked her 3 days later. so much for the "mixed male mini".

Latest posts

Back