Sexing babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttinbutrouble

Reaction score
I'm thankful for the macro lens I have for mycamera. I'm not experienced enough to sex the 2 babies so I'm wonderingif someone else can tell me what sex they are. They kind of look likegirls to me but I'm not really sure. I hope the pictures are clearenough.

Baby #1
skinny.jpg

Baby #2
tubby.jpg

Heather

It's kind of hard to see in those pictures, butit looks more like boys than girls to me. I always doubleguess myself untill they are about 4 weeks old. By that age Ican accuratly tell the sex of the babies.

--Dawn

They're only 3 weeks old now. That's why I'mkind of second guessing myself. I looked at them a few days ago, andthen they looked more like boys but in the last couple days they look abit different. I'm just not experienced enough to tell for sure. Iguess I'll wait another week and take another look. Maybe then it'll bea bit easier to tell.

As they get older, it does get easier.

Also try pushing down as well as outwards. You want to try toget the privates to "pop". A boy will make a perfect littledonut shape, and a girl will make a little taco.

It also helps when you have different sexes to look at andcompare. It's a bit tricky to learn, but very simple onceyou've gotten the hang of it.

And generally by 6 weeks, there's no mistaking which sex a babyis. And as they get bigger, your eyes won't have to strain asmuch.

--Dawn

Boy=Donut...Girl=Taco....Gotcha! I love the food associations. :)

They both look very similar.....whatever they are. LOL

Thanks for your help.

Heather

Hard for me to tell from the photos, but theperineum looks closely connected to the rectum (doe).The span is more defined as a separation in the bucks.

Pam

I tried to get some new pics last night butsince they're a little older, they're more resistant to being on theirbacks. I'll try again tonight to get some pics.

Heather

Latest posts

Back