Setting up a cage for a baby bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So this baby is about 3-4 months old. I first had him in a smaller with aspen bedding, no box.

I moved him today, into a larger cage. He has a corner box which I put Aspen shavings in. I put a bit of his soiled bedding from his old cage (he only used one corner to potty) into the box of aspen shavings.

The rest of the cage for now had some white tshirts, an igloo and his feed bowl and hay.

I am going to get him more things for this cages, and a shelf or hammock, and building him a larger indoor cage from cubes or something, later.

But for now, what else is good to work on his litter box training in the cage?

If you place some hay in the litter box and put the feed dish nearby, it really makes litter training easier. Also, if the rabbit initially chooses to go somewhere other than the box, move the box to that location. My 3.5 month old mini rex didn't go in the box the first week I had her. Now, I moved the box to the front side of the cage where she chose to go and she has hay in the box--she hasn't gone outside of the box since. Good luck!

I always set the food/water/hay so that the rabbits are only able to get to them by getting in the litter box. It works really well for litter training babies.

Here are some pictures:
Pics012.jpg

Pics011-1.jpg

Pics014.jpg

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back