Seperate or togetherness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherMarie

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not sure whether or not this is the appropriate venue for this question, but it's one I've been trying to trial and error on my own for some time and have no clue.

Originally I had all three (mama, fatface, and patchy) all in one HUGE cage. But patchy kept thinkin she was preggie and pulling out her hair and they would have moments where they would fight and hump and whatnot for dominance so I redid the cage and seperated it into thirds. They seemed to like this (especially mama, she's evidentally a loner bun) and they weren't nearly as messy but Patch got lonely (and is still tearing out her hair {I know she's not pregnant they are all fixed: and she's been doing it for upwards 3 months now...she's just slightly crazy i think) and I wanted them to still be able to play together. So I built a another floor on top of their three seperate cages to be their "communal" area. The problem is is now they will all chill in Patch's house or Mama will be by herself and Patch and Fatty will chill in Patch's house, so it seems kinda silly to even keep the three seperated, and they are going nuts with mess in there cages (I thought having them seperated would help with their poos as they wouldn't be trying to mark their territory). So now I have no idea.

So here's the question, should I perhaps build four seperate cages one for each and one totally seperate communal? Or should I go back to just one big cage for them all? Or keep it how it is? Or what? lol, sorry this is so long and hopefully you guys will get me straight *you usually do* :)

Ihave six separate areas for 7 buns (one bonded pair )and it is a lot of work as I use fences instead of cages so I am talking about all of this taking up a room and half.

I think it is a good idea to letMama live separately as apparentlyshe likes this . Why don't you let Fatface and Patchy live together and visit with Mama during communal time.

All I can say is that the more room the better ; this is the ideal, however, the more room the more work for you so you have to take that into consideration.

Just keep thinking on it and you'll get more suggestions and hopefully be able to work out something.

Whoever named your buns did a GREAT job....Mama, Fatface and Patchy are very cute names...

I don't mind the work. :) I change the setup every few months trying to find their perfect home. lol, at one time it took up half of my apartment one floor. I'm actually trying a new one tomorrow kinda like that, with it separated in 2, one bigger than the other and just letting Mama chill. And thank you, they all fit their names perfectly lol.

Back