Seizures?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p-z

Reaction score
Broken Castor Rex

doe

3 years old

Son brought his rabbits in the house due to the extreme cold.

They were all doing well. Hopping around, eating their pellets, the last of their Romaine lettuce, carrots and apple pieces. Their hay is in their cages.

This evening at 6pmI noticed his Rex suddenly stretched out and fell onto her right side, tucked her head towards her chest and was trembing. Scared the daylights out of us. She had never done this before. lasted roughly 10 seconds.

have a vet's appoint at 10:45am on Friday. Was told if it gets worse to call and come in immediately.

She is still eating and drinking. Vet has an idea about acouple of things that might be causing it. A parasite in the brain or a glucose imbalance.

Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks Angie.
we gave her some anti gas drops last night. I was checking her tummy and she will normally let you feel it. She tried to claw me.
She has not had another one today. Had a total of 6 last night.
we are still going in though. I cannot believe I am going out on Black Friday.
Only for our kids and their rabbits.

she is 3 years old.
Vet was not sure what caused it. Said it could be parasites or she could have had gas or it could have been a reaction to coming into a warm place after being out in extremely cold temps.
Put her on a wormer as a precaution.

if the vet put her on Panacur/fenbendazole he isruling out one of the possibilites which is the parasite e-cuniculi; this drug is used also as a dewormer

Latest posts

Back