Second Rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorylocks

Reaction score
Hello, I have a nine month old male mini rex. He seems to be getting quite lonely and so I'm thinking about getting a second rabbit and hoping to bond them. My rabbit is not neutered and so my basic question is, can two unaltered male rabbits be bonded and live together happily? Just wondering what is in the best interest of my little man.
Thanks!

While there are a few intact males that live together, they are rare. Most males will fight and go at each other a lot. Even if they don't fight, they will usually hump a lot which is quite annoying. It is pretty easy for one to 'neuter' the other and that will result in a large vet bill for you.

If you want to bond him, you really do need to get him neutered. It is then good to wait a few weeks for him to heal and the hormones to settle down.
The best pairing is usually a neutered male and spayed female. 2 neutered males can get along, but it is harder and really depends on the personality of the rabbits.

From what I've now learned I have decided to get Clyde neutered and to eventually find a female from a rescue that will let us have "dates" or so to speak. It does seem to be easiest this way.
Thanks for everyones help! =)

I've just contacted a rescue too :bunny18 I agree! It is a great way, plus the vet care will be out of the way!

Latest posts

Back