Seagrass Products

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Hi, are Seagrass products ok for bunnies to have?

I just purchased a Med size seagrass "box" for Winston and Vega to play in. They use to have cardboard boxes with hay in, but Winston chewed and ate them alot. I'm wondering if this could have caused his blockage. Needless to say we have taken the cardboard boxes out of their run, which saddens me because they use to love playing in it, and they'd eat alot of hay in the box too.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Susan, Winston and Vega

Oxbow makes some nice timothy hay tunnels too, and Busy Bunny has lots of wicker boxes and tunnels. These would be safer to play in and chew on than cardboard if you think that's what caused his blockage. Seagrass should be good but sometimes I worry that it's treated or grown with chemicals because you can buy seagreass mats and stuff at Walgreens for 99 cents. I actually got about 8 of those one day but have been too afraid to put them out for the bunnies... I think just use your judgement as to whether or not you think it's dirty or chemically treated.

We get the Busy Bunny wicker stuff resold over here on a different site, and it's AWESOME! The buns love it. It's lots cheaper for you guys too....

I've used seagrass mats for our buns too, and they were very popular, although we got ours in a pet shop so presumed they were safe. We have found however a shop that sells 'decorative' willow balls that are made of untreated peeled willow very cheaply, and have been buying these as toys. Why have them in a bowl on a table when bunnies can be having fun with them?! :)

Back