Screens for Litterbox

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Look what I found for the babies Litterboxes. I was so excited.

Pink for Daisy Mae

Blue for Buttercup

Purple for Winston & Vega

Green for all of them

They will all just love using their litterboxes now.

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

Susan:craziness

White is the most available type. I had blue and green for Pebbles.

I've seen them in different sizes and you can cut them with a pair of scissors to fit your litter box.

1149_281314_010000000.jpg

The screens lay on top of the litter. Here is Bebe on her litter box (rectangle dishes).

[line]
I bought them at Michaels. They were .89 cents each.

I needed to use 2 for the bigger litter boxes, one fit in Buttercups.

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00646.jpg

They are a dream to clean up. I just scoop out the soiled litter once a day.

Susan:)

Most of my rabbits have chewed these screens, so I can't only use them. I have them between the litter and a wire grids. It still catches the poop and hay, but can't be chewed this way.

One thing I do since they don't fit my litter boxes is to use 2 and 'sew' them together with string. This makes it easier to gather up and dump the poops and hay and it can be made to fit perfectly.

Kate, mine sometimes chew them too but they just leave the pieces there for me to clean up. Most of the time they don't chew them.

I just cut the pieces to fit the litter box, 2 pieces for the bigger litter boxes. I don'tsew mine togetheras I clean the screens at least once a day sometimes twice. I'm paranoid that the house doesn't smell. I have a friend who has 5 cats of her own and takes in rescue cats and honestly the urine smell is so bad sometimes I can't even go to her house. I do not want my house to smell. Even when I had 7 bunnies at one time in the house last yearit never smelt. I'd rather change the litter more often.

Well so much for that, the MAIN one that I needed it for was my female black mini rex (I still need to get her spayed) she has taken to digging in her litter box, well yesterday I put that in there and this morning she showed me how she can pull it out, chew it up and proceed to dig everything out of her litter box.

Angela do you have hay in litterbox? In Daisy Mae's litterbox I have a large dog bowl (it's very heavy) filled with hay for her to munch on while she's in the litterbox.

Maybe try that, she won't be able to lift the screen out as easy if their is nothing on it.

You can also get fluorescent light grating (called eggcrate) and cut it to fit the litterbox. It's available at Lowe's and Home Depot. It's a lot tougher to chew that the screen.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Angela do you have hay in litterbox? In Daisy Mae's litterbox I have a large dog bowl (it's very heavy) filled with hay for her to munch on while she's in the litterbox.

Maybe try that, she won't be able to lift the screen out as easy if their is nothing on it.

No, I have her hay container hanging above the side of her litter box, I have one of those VERY large corner litter boxes for her, I don't know if I could fit a dish of hay in there or not.

I'm about ready to loose my mind, I'm having issues with the dutch rabbits also, they will leave their screens alone but it seem no matter what I use they are over shooting the litter pan how do I find a litter pan that is cheap that has 4 corners that are atleast 8" tall?

Patti: I never heard of that stuff, Little Lady has seemed to calm down at the moment but if she persists I might have to look into it, is it expensive?

Latest posts

Back