Screaming Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol

At least the rabbit doesn't look too scared at all... more like a parrot.
Maybe it's ears hurt? Maybe it just hated the screams and screamed back like a human would?

Pft I wish I had a rabbit that would scream on command.

I've had Himalayan rabbits that would exhibit a"scream response" to certain noises (such as pouring feed in the bin orrunning water into the bucket). They weren't scared - theywould just sit there and very matter-of-factly scream :?

Pam

Wow, whenI played that my rabbit wentskitz and started thumping like a crazy man. Be warned- don't play thisvideo with your buns in the room!

Argh. Why anyone would want to provoke a bunny into screaming is beyond me!

Hehe, nope I think it's the actual noise comingfrom the bunny. It almost sounds likehe's singingbecausehe copies the sound pitch like the owner did.

Some rabbits can be very vocal :D. One of my cousins rabbits screams if you are paying attention to another rabbit and not him.

yeah, Mr. Tumnus was in the room when I played it and he went nuts (like Im sitting her torturing some poor bunny)!

I dont know though, I cant see how that rabbit is enjoying that experience.

I've only come across it as an extreme fearresponse - when the rabbit is dying or thinks it's a bout to. A sort oflast ditch effort to make a 'preditor' pause. It doesn't surprise methat it upset bunnies hearing it. Rabbits work as a group to protectthemselves, signals like the scream, thumping and the white flash ofthe underside of a rabbits tail as it bolts are all signals to the restof the group there is danger. Your thumbing bunny was passing thewarning on to you that you needed to take cover asap.

Rabbits can make weird vocal noises like buzzes, squeaks and humms butI haven't heard of a scream being anything other than fear. Interestingto hear that other people have come across it.

Tam

Back