SCREACHING BUN??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm reading this correctly (your story about last night), it sounds like Ethan is only getting vocal when Damien is getting attention and he isn't. Bunnies can be quite territorial about their people, so the suggestion of jealousy above makes sense to me - along with potential "odd" reactions to a baby.

I'd also think that the smells babies produce might be a little scary for animals that have only been around adults - especially if you start thinking about some of the lotions (etc.) that we use on babies.

(One day last fall my bun started attacking my feet and biting them when I used a new skin lotion on them. I never did that again, and she has never attacked my feet since then! You never know... :p)

i have to be honest, shrieking like a tea kettle is a sign of pain. check him all over, he might have torn a claw or have a sharp piece of hay stuck into his toe or something that is tough to see without a thorough inspection. if he doesn't stop doing it soon,i would definitely take him to the vet. better to be safe than sorry i would think.as long as he keeps doing it, keepan eye on his vitals, eating, drinking, pooping, peeing, breathing, etc.

i'm the most paranoid bunny owner ever, if ludo even makes the smallest sound that i don't recognise then i watch him like a hawk. i've been known to get up in the middle of the night and spend 20 minutes sitting with him when i've thought i heard a strange sound. i even keep a torch by my bed to shine on him at random times during the night to make sure he's ok.

god, imagine what i'm going to be like when i have babies lol. nah, they can take care of themselves, my bun will still be number one ;)

timetowaste wrote:
ethan must be in a no-children household apparently!!!
my bun is like that. he hates kids with a passion. it's funny, he chases my 5 year old niece out of my room and my 3 year old nephew is terrified of him. for some reason he doesn't mind adults but he gets really aggressive around little kids. it must be because they are smaller than adults so he thinks he can take them on in a fight lol

As a tag on my previous reply: it's true, some bunnies are very vocal. I've got one of them... So lurch's description of when/why Ethan seems to be yelling strikes me as a normal reaction from a "talker." :) (Plus what Pam said about her calm Himis being weird!)

Latest posts

Back