SCREACHING BUN??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurch_1987

Reaction score
AYLESBURY ,Buckinghamshire, , United Kingdom
my little bun ethans recently started sheriking really loud ,

it started this morining when my friends very recently bornbaby son was brought over to mine by the social ,until hismum comes out of hospital ,

i've looked at him and hesnot seeming to be in any distress or have anyvisible injurys ,

He's been doing itwhen hes been playing ,eating , any time ,?

just totally randomly !

is this normal ??

I didnt even know that rabbits made a noise ?

pleaseif any one has any ideas of how to get him to stop please help ??

i've got to try and get this little tiny baby to go down and with ethanshreaking every 2seconds its very hard seenas i live in a 1 bed flat ,. and i have no idea how to look after the little one, as i've never done it before ,

xxkate,charlie,ethan and baby damien xx

I have never heard a bunny shriek and I never want to hear one as this is normally always a sign of pain. I would definitely check it out. Maybe he hurt a leg or something and when putting pressure on it it hurts? I dunno to what extent the pain has to be for a bunny to shriek but I would definitely have him checked!

Maybe another member has a better idea as to what can be causing him to shriek. I hope someone can help.

Have you read the language of lagomorphs?

Here's the link to that: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12051&forum_id=17

Could be of some help, or at least give you some insight. Some buns are quite vocal, neither of mine are really, Angel will growl, but that's it. Some members on here have buns that squeak, grunt, oink. Usually a shreiking noise, a really loud and terrible sound is the sound of a bun in pain or scared to death. Maybe yours is just a very loud oiker? Has he always done this or did he just start when the baby came around? I hope he calms down for you. Let us know how you get on.;)

I'm thinking he must be in pain. Check him over and make sure to check his nails. Good luck. I hope he's ok.

ok so i checked him out

and hes not got any injurys at all , hes walking runing ,jumping around as normal ,

its just happened when the baby arrived today and hes not done it when the babys been in a differnet room than him ,

he stops when i pick him up or look at him ,

it really wierd !!!

it so confusing !!

In some cases, "calm" screaming is a reaction to a stimulus such as noise. We had Himalayans that would sit there and calmly scream while I ran water into the buckets or when I dumped feed into the bins.

So although screaming is generally associated with pain or fear, some rabbits are just weird ;)

Pam

You might want to take him to the vet. A rabbit only shreiks when it's in pain. It might be interanal. I've only heard a rabbit shreik twice, and I never want to hear it agian!!!! You need to get your bun to the vet ASAP!!! Rabbits are normaly quiet. Rabbits rarely make vocal noises. Well they grunt and growl, but not scream unless in lotts of pain.

I hope he's okay,

-TK :pray:

Hmmm....

Wel if he stops when you pick him up it might just be fear. But you still want to motintor him closely, and take him to the vet just in case.

-TK :)

pamnock wrote:
...., some rabbits are just weird ;)
I was just remembering a post you made about a baby screaming because ...well...just because.:?

I've only heard a rabbit scream once and that was Milly.......and you all know why he did it. I hope I never hear a rabbit do it ever again.

Wiggles was vocalizing more when I had my guinea pig. She would oink whenever Piglet would squeal for food. LOL. Maybe the bunny wants to communicate with the baby :pI agree though that if there is no obvious injury you just have a weird bunny. Hehehe. :pI think a bunny in enough pain to scream usually has an obvious injury or pain.

MsBinky wrote:
Wiggles was vocalizing more when I had my guinea pig. She would oink whenever Piglet would squeal for food. LOL. Maybe the bunny wants to communicate with the baby :pI agree though that if there is no obvious injury you just have a weird bunny. Hehehe. :pI think a bunny in enough pain to scream usually has an obvious injury or pain.
:yeahthat:, most likely..

ok ,

i've been up bun all night to make sure hes not got like an illness or injury that takes a while to show .

and hes ok .

well since the babys gone down that is ,

i've had him and the baby together tonight (obviously supervised )

and they doing well together ,

he does keep screeching when i goin to the room where baby Damien is ,

but then follows me in and then stops ??

its so so wierd !!!

gonna take him to the vets just incase there is sumit rong ,

but i doubt there is ,

i just think hes being a wierdo ,

my other buns not impressed by ethans behaviour !!!

hes just refused to go near him al night and has been cuddling up with me ,

ok thanks guys xoxokate,Charlie,ethan,and baby Damien xoxo

oy! bad ethan, settle down mister! maybe he pulled a muscle hopping around or something? i am sorry :( maybe he is just super jealous that you are with a new baby and not with him! ethan must be in a no-children household apparently!!! that is toooooooo funny.

As odd as it sounds, to me it seems like a case of jealousy. :?

Though I give two thumbs up to Pam's explanation!:
So although screaming is generally associated with pain or fear, some rabbits are just weird ;)

Pam

Its probably just his way of telling you he doesn't like you being near the baby...

I have a rabbit that I though was agressive, but now that I stop and really look at it, I am thinking she is just "talking" to me... She does it all the time...When in her cage anyways...

Maybe a trip to the vet just in case?

It seems to me that some animals react oddly to newborn babies. I know when I brought my twins home from the hospital, my cats were TERRIFIED of them! They all came and sniffed thier heads when we came in, and then all ran and hid for the rest of the day. ONe of them got up the nerve to sneak into the nursery, and when one fo the kids let out a little squeak, she puffed up and ran hissing out of the room. It was pretty funny, LOL. It sounds to me like mabye the smell/sounds of the baby are confusing him.

i was trying to get a vid last nightbut my cams not working ,

i think i've broken it,

ethans been ok today ,

hes been out with meand baby damien all day to the vets an that,

and hes ok as long as i dont pick damien up ,

so wen i pick damien up , i putethan in a diff room ,

thanks for ur help ,i just have a wierd bun , the vet said that today..

there nothing physically wrong with him so thats good :)

I'm glad your bun isn't hurt.

I can definatly understand being scared of a baby :pI always find it amazing how much sound can come out of something so small.

Back