scratching & biting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhiszxpinay

Reaction score
Today, I went downstairs to check up Emmy after Iwas done tidying my bedroom and the house. I took Emmy out of her cageand started peting her, giving her some treats and letting her hopparound a bit. So After at least 20 minutes of her having her freetime..I put Emmy on my lap and started petting her forehead. All of asudden Emmy starts Digging into me, scratching, and started at leastwhat i think Biting me clothes? I have never seen Emmy like this.! I'veheard that when Rabbits start doing this they need to do theirbuiseness, soI put her into her cage, as soon as I put her inher cage, Emmy just jumped out of her cage and started looking at me.!I read the The Language of Lagomorphs, but couldnt find the expressionEmmy was revealing. So i thought to come here and ask all of youexperts:). Is Emmy trying to tell me something that I'm not realizing?

THankx, katy

My bun has been biting my pant legs but i thinkits cause i had sweat pants on and they flared at the bottom he biteson them or runs after my feet sometimes i think he is psycho bunnie!!!!He will dart out from under the bed and run for my feet!

That's normal. Not to say I know WHY they do it, but every now and then they get the urge to dig like maniacs.

Rose

Elf was in ultracuddle/pet me mode last night. If I wasn't petting her enough to hersatisfaction, she'd jump right into my lap and scratch/nibble at myshirt. If I put her back down, she'd scratch/nibble at my pant leg.Finally I just picked her up and put her on my desk in front of mykeyboard where I could pet her and type at the same time. Then she washappy. At least with Elf, the scratching and biting usually means shewants a LOT of attention.

bunny_hoeing_dirt_lg_clr.gif

I share experiences with Elf Mommy. Tucker willdig at me when he wants attention or wishes me to do something. Once Iwas sitting on the couch and he hopped up and started digging at myleg. I always laugh at him when he does that because not only does ittickle, it's funny. I moved my leg and he jumped over to it andcontinued digging. No matter how much I'd move. Finally Icouldn't take it anymore (laughing so hard and him tickling me) and gotoff the couch and took my rightful place on the floor. Once he had thewhole couch to himself, he plunked down and took a nap.

He's not a nibbler, but when he tries to move things, of course, he'llbit it and then swing his head. He'll scratch and 'bite' once when I'mwalking around and he want my attention.

With the type of scratching and biting you describe, I'm more apt tothink that he's playing with you and trying to get your attentionrather than being really angry and aggressive.

-Carolyn

I commonly have a rabbit tugging on myclothing... not suffered digging on me or biting me yet though :S. Ohthe wonderfull things to come?

Pray with me what Barney will grow up to be a Bun without the bad stuff :p

Latest posts

Back