scratches on inside of ear?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopeG

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2 1/2 month old Holland lop. Today when I came home I was holding him and just checking him over. In one of his ears he has a couple small scratches inside the ear. Is it normal for rabbits to scratch their ears on accident like that? A small red scab has formed on both scratches. Should I be worried or does this normally happen? Should I put anything on it, or let them heal on their own. His nails are not really that long, but should I try to snip off just the tip? Thanks for the help in advance : )

no expert here, just sharing from personal experience. My lop had been scratching hard at her ears and caused scratches on the insides as well, much like what u described. thought it was just the hot weather that caused her to itch, but when i later brought her to the vet, i was told that she had scabies.

observe Oliver to see if he scratches more than usual. the scratches will heal on their own, at least Puff's healed quite nicely, but it didnt indicate that the scabies were gone.

i hope its just normal scratching for Oliver!

Thank....the Emery board sound like a good idea because I'm a little afraid to do a clipping, his nails are kinda sharp, bit not really long.

Sound advice going to the vet. Mites could be present, or even a inner ear infection, but early detection for any ailment is great! Also ask the Vet to show u how to care for your buns' nails. Good luck

Latest posts

Back