Scotss Valley Shelter is 6 over capacity

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dootsmom - can I refer members to you when theypost, or would you like to add yourself to the map under rescue org?These are both optional, don't feel obligated, I just thought it mighthelp find homes for some of your buns? I never knew you adopted out.IMPRESSIVE :bunnyangel:

As far as House of Rabbits, I am sure they are a good organization...just picky. I could not adopt because I have a 5yr old. After a lividbut polite email defending myself and my son, they said well soon hewill be in school and on a football or baseball team and you probablywill be too busy with that to take care of a bunny. So, I wish theseplaces would not advertise they will kill bunnies if they don't getadopted when they turn down good homes like mine. I am having the worsttime convincing my husband to let me try to adopt again. He just wantsto go to a breeder rather than be judged by some judgemental org.:bunnybutt:

I had the same problem.. I was afraid to phoneback a rabbit rescue I was looking into because I knew they probablywouldn't adopt a rabbit out to me because I'm only 13. I have to shakemy head because young people before me have set a sort of image that Icouldn't be more not apart of. I also didn't want to drive the hour anda half to go to this one place the amount of times were needed to firstsee the rabbit, then fill out the papers, tehn to foster the rabbit,then go back there to finalize it ect. ect.

I hope those rabbits find homes! If they get put down, like I said I'm going to be raging mad.

My only fear is that I'll find more strayrabbits playing in my front yard when I wake up in themorning!!! I would love to find homes for more ofthem!! Especially the ones that are considered "over thehill" at 4 years old. The ones that are getting on in years,have teeth problems, digestive problems, are blind, or disabled, willstay here forever.
I don't adopt to children either. However, I do adopt to theparent...there is a difference. It's a shame that "HoR"doesn't take the parent into consideration as the responsible persontaking care of the rabbit. They'ld have moreadoptions!

So, refer me...we'll see what happens.

Hiya Dootsmom! Glad to see you on!

That's a lot of rabbits!:shock: Do you even get anyhelp? I was under the impression that you had a one womanoperation. I can't even imagine. I hope you get alot of good adoptive parents coming by soon!

Nah, no help. Unfortunately, because people foolishly adopt baby
buns, at Easter, adoptions are down. I don't know why, but August
& September are the best months. However, between July and
September, I take in the most Easter "rejects". I need a vacation!!!
MY "bunny butt" is dragging!!! LOL!!

Nope, but I am sure you could check the website. Personally, I did not check again because I felt bad for the poor guys. :(

I checked the website and it said they onyl hada couple days to live.. I'm pretty sure it said that a few weeks agowhen I checked though :?.

Latest posts

Back