Scone MacBunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry, Mike. You and Scone had a very special bond and I know it must be very difficult for you. Scone was such a great bunny, and I'm so glad you shared him with us. I hope that knowing he brought a smile to a lot more people than the average bunny will help you heal from the pain of his loss.

Binky free, Scone.

:pray: I am so sorry for loss.. He had the best owner that he could have.. :hug1

Thanks for putting those beautiful pictures of him in the photo contest. He sure was a handsome little guy... R.I.P
.:angelandbunny:

My heart sank when I saw Scone's name here. He was such a special guy, he will be greatly missed.

Binky free, Scone.
:bigtears:

I saw the Blog was updated and went on not long afterward... and I had to log off. A nightmare that had come to life. Too sad for words.

If I'm feeling this bad, I can't imagine how you feel.

So very sorry, Mike.

sas :sad:

Thanks, everybody. This has been a really rough time - every time I pass something or do something that reminds me of Scone, I break down again. And given how much he was a part of my life, that means pretty much any time. It's going to be a difficult week at work, I can see.

I cleaned up his cage and litter boxes and packed away his toys last night. I took down the NIC guards over the bookcases and the blocks to keep a bunny out from behind things. That was hard, but in some ways it helped, too.

His cage isn't entirely empty, though. I put his stuffed friends Borders and Butter in there, sitting on his balcony where he loved to relax. Somehow, they seem lonely, too.

It won't be for too long. I still need to grieve for a while, and I'm going to be out of the country for three weeks next month, so there's no point trying to introduce a new rabbit into my life now. However, I did let the head of the local HRS chapter know - she's another Scone fan - and she said they'd be looking for my next companion. We'll see who's available in August when I get back from Scotland.

:hug1,

I seen your book and I would like to get it for my kids.. It seemed pretty cool book. :)

I am so sorry Mike. Another great bunny has left us. It was so sudden and so unexpected. I know there is such an empty feeling that I still have when Pebbles passed away. There are always things that remind me of Pebbles as you will find for Scone that have been part of our lives.

We were fortunate to have very photogenic bunnies to take pictures of.

Binky Free Scone. :pink iris:

I started to cry when I saw that he had passed while reading his blog. :( Scone was a very special forum bunny, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that he will be greatly missed. Binky free, little Scone. :rainbow:

OMG Mike, I don't even know what to say now. Like everyone else I'm in shock.

Scone was such a handsome bunny. I loved reading his stories and seeing the beautiful pictures you took of him.

Binky Free at the Rainbow Bridge :rainbow:Scone.

Susan:cry4:

I'm happy to hear that you want to bring another bunny companion into your life. I had called Tara and Emily to let them know about Scone and Tara asked if you were going to adopt again.

Mike, I am so sorry to hear about Scone. My heart breaks for you, I know he will be missed dearly by all.

Thank you for sharing all of Scone's life with us, I am thankful Roxanne will still get to see Scone's personality through his books.

Binky free Scone. You are in good company :'(

Mike, I just heard the news. I am so, so sorry to hear about Scone. That little guy definitely had a soft spot in my heart! He will be dearly missed by all of us.

angelbunnywings.gif
Rest in peace, Scone MacBunny.

Hi mike, hope your doing better. When we lost Commodore Stockton our little Chinchilla Mini Rex I was inconsolable for weeks. I know Scone was a special little guy and really enjoyed the tales and pictures a lot. It leaves such a hole in your heart, but, the pictures and memories do help. Hope you have a good time in Scotland. We we're going to go in August too, but, Nancy got a MRSA infection and had to have two more surgeries and will be on IV antibiotics for six more weeks so all our travel this Summer got canned. And I just got my new Kilt too!

Mike...

I'm so incredibly sorry to hear the news. Our bunnies have grown up together over the years, and he was a very special boy, enjoyed by all... thanks to your stories and pictures. I can well imagine how devastating this is for you... take comfort in knowing that you gave Scone a wonderful, fully enjoyed life! You will be in my thoughts and prayers in the days ahead.

Sandra & Lego

I am so sorry Mike... :(
Your photos of Scone really captured his wonderful bunny soul. I felt like I knew him personally through your stories and photos.
He was a very handsome rexy boy.
I will be thinking of you both :hug:

Binky free, Scone
:rainbow:

Mike I cried last nite when I heard of Scone's passing. What a shock to hear of my famous boy. I had the pleasure of meeting Scone and he was everything you heard about and even more beautiful in person. I'll miss you pretty boy.

Back